[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Jimbo and George, your replies interest me, I posted due to pure frustration at my situation, your posts are your opinions and I expected differing ways but your posts are not of the supportive nature you would expect on a site for helping caring for others, if I was new to all this, your respons...
Thank you tracie and crocus x
A new morning, a new day, yesterday's frustration is yesterday's news as they say.

Thank you x
<t>I'm sorry, just had a really bad few weeks.<br/> <br/> I'm talking about my mum, she has copd, on oxygen but manages well with most things, it has limited her mobility which I know is frustrating for her, but she has so much support around her which she refuses to use as " I have her" meaning me ...
NOTHING, just carry on caring .

Why ?

I need a reason to carry on.

I've lost so much to help this person.

I might sound low in mood but I'm not, I'm frustrated and don't want to loose more, I'm trying to protect myself.
<t>How do you deal with a person you care for who<br/> <br/> Is rude and ungrateful for what is done for them, complaining about those that do help.<br/> Refuses to do anything for themselves, despite being able to do some if not all that's needed.<br/> Lies or expands the truth to gain sympathy and...
<t>I'm experiencing this from my mum at the moment, it's so disheartening, you do all that you can and it's thrown back in your face. Can't even have a break as no one else is prepared to do what I do for mom, family don't want to know.<br/> <br/> Really wish I had a magic wand.<br/> <br/> (((HUGS))...
<t>When you know that there is !<br/> <br/> What can I do ? Mum lives in warden control accommodation, is on permanent oxygen due to copd and I'm her main carer. Over the past few weeks mums health is deteriating, I know she hasn't had a shower in over 5 weeks, just doing wash downs with a cloth. I'...
<t>I wish I had some words of wisdom that could help, I care for my mum with COPD and completely agree about how good the COPD nurses are, their support for mum have been fantastic. I sure this is a road I will travel with mum sooner rather than later as she deteriated so much in the last 6 months i...
Forgot to also mention, tried paid carers etc but mum won't let them in, nor will she ask for help from anybody else bar me, as I say above everything was in order prior to this move.
<t>Thankyou for your support and advice.<br/> <br/> I do have the nurse coming in, once a week to check her oxygen levels and clean tubing if required! I have very little family/ friend support due to them being elderly too. Prior to the change of base everything was in order, much like military fas...