[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I did not feel bulliedi but I did feel that I was being ignored. Eventually it reached the stage where I told the 'professionals' that they may know the medicine but I knew the man. My opinion was at times more valuable and insightful than theirs. You just need to say so.
<t>You speak about funding as a reason for care to fall away. Well my take on that is that for a pathetic £55 per week we save the government millions so when we need help and or care why are we hung out to dry. It is said that it is not unusual for a spouse/partner to die within (I think) four mont...
<t>When my husband was alive I was visited by an association called Carers For Carers or something like that. They said that they were there to care for me. My husband had five people who assisted him with personal hygiene and who operated on a rota system and were in everyday. This was in addition ...
Hi and welcome I know just how you feel and to find out how and where to get things is not always easy. After buying a lot of things including a wheelchair I discovered that a lot of stuff was available through Health and Social Care. Follow this internet link and it will give you some information. ...
Hi and welcome. I too am new and joined just a day or two ago. I hope that as I find my way around I may find others in the same situation and we can combine and help one another.
Hi Debbie, I am from South Africa. My man has severe copd and is also on oxygen 24/7. Hope we can chat sometime.
<t>I know that it sounds pretty bad with my man being on oxygen. It can be awkward if we want to go anywhere. I would love to go away for a week but it means loading our little car with all his equipment. His concentrator, a large oxygen tank and a small one as well. then we have to find room for ou...
This is a horrible disease. My husband is on oxygen 24 hours a day. I wish people would realise that it is not just the patient who has to deal with illness.
Thanks Everyone
<t>My husband had end stage copd and is on oxygen 24 hours a day. He only gets up in the evening and has dinner and watches TV for a few hours before going back to bed. We returned to live in NI a few years ago and have no friends maily because all I do is care for him and any going our is popping u...