Bear in mind though that this reliance on family loyalty is something that was, until very recently, expected of us. Yes - family loyalty - and love - is why I care for my Mum! But perhaps the government can explain to me how I am supposed to make a living when I am expected to care for her full-ti...
We're certainly all agreed that pensioner carers should receive Carers Allowance. Sorry, but I am going to be very controversial. I do not agree that pensioners should receive Carers Allowance. Yes, of course they deserve it, but I do not believe they should be a priority when it comes to carersââ...
<t>By the way, as a full-time carer I had to give up my well-paid job, sell my house and live off the proceeds. Now my savings have all gone and I live on Income Support. No job, no home, no pension, no social life, no possibility of a holiday, no prospects for the future and ill health as a result....
<t>Apologies for the grammar and spelling in the last post. It was bashed out in haste and, I admit, in anger and frustration.<br/> <br/> But the fact remains that this Labour Government has wilfully ignored all of its official consultations and commissioned reports over the past seventeen years. <b...
The quick fix approach does not work What 'quick-fix approach' are we talking about? In 1990 the Government's own House of Commons own Social Services Committee said that CA was below recommended benefit levels and should be increased. Then we had the Sutherland Report in 1999 - which must have cos...
<t>I, too, was interviewed under caution for suspected benefits fraud. I had applied for Income Support and sent a letter with my application form detailing the fact that I had lived off my savings for 5 years. Of course they didn't read the letter! It went straight into archives. Neither did they a...
Lola and Rosemary and everyone else, I really love your postings!

Mother Teresa said, 'I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, there is no hurt, only more love'.
Hi, Matt,

Many thanks for all you have done. Looks great!!!!

Pysie Image
<t>Hi, Gavin,<br/> <br/> Many carers find it difficult to get to meetings at the best of times. I live in Norfolk and it would be impossible for me to get to London for a day. (Mum won't have any strangers looking after her.) Why are there no regional consultations in far-flung places like Norwich? ...
<t>Hi, Gavin,<br/> <br/> Thanks for your reply. I am sure we all understand why PRTC feels unable to endorse the letter publicly. The policy you quote would go a long way to helping carers financially and is, I suppose, what most carers are demanding of the Government. Good luck in pressing it forwa...