Hi Sean,
You must be exhausted. I've done 24 hour shifts supporting S in hospital before. Absolutely kn*ckering. Would it be possible for your Dad yo move to a hospice, he would be much more comfortable there and you would both receive better support.

Melly1
It's not just the elderly, Amanda. Adults and children with learning disabilities, autism, mental health, physical disability and serious health conditions are all suffering due to lack of money for support.

Melly1
Feeling Lost, I can understand, why you have omitted to tell your OH about the debts. Don't delay about seeking advice, however. There is info here on where to get help: https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/financial-support/help-with-debt Do it on Monday, you can't deal with alone, ignored it w...
Wow, Henrietta, how your life has changed, in just a year!

House sorted, ( wish mine was.)

Two lodgers with dogs!!

And a date!! Fantastic. (No advice to offer, perhaps re-read Sajehar's thread!)

Melly1
Personally, Jacqueline, I think you DO need to leave your mother for short periods, for your own survival and to enable her to still benefit from your care. If she isn't safe to be left, then someone else will have to be with her. This could be popping out/ being in other room whilst the care worker...
Hi Sal, Not comparable, but I had temporary deafness in one ear and tinnitus, following a middle ear infection. I have done courses in deaf awareness through school and also learnt BSL at night classes (prior to being a carer,) but never fully appreciated how being deaf affects someone. I couldn't t...
Also a problem for those with Direct payments/ individual budget etc: cost of care increasing but amount not increasing. This happens first when living wage was introduced and again with the new pension rules. Each time, carees advised money not increasing and there solution; look for cheaper (lower...
Hi Jane, not really my area of expertise, but maybe a riser/recliner chair would help, so she can change her seated position. Alternatively a different pressure cushion, there are lots of different types, just google. Can she alternate sitting with lying at intervals? Distraction might help; what do...
Hi Pet, Am very glad the Psychiatric nurse didn't agree with the DOLS assessor! Who was the DOLS assessor anyway and what was their background? Did all this come about because of the one time hubby lashed out? Heaven forbid. That was dealt with, strategies are in place. Make sure there is strict pro...
Hi what exactly are our rights as a carer and how can I convey this to my LA Hi Hazel, This is a year old thread. I'm sure there will be another Q& A session in the future, the last one was in September. In the meantime, the main website might help you with your question https://www.carersuk.org Me...