[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
James, I think it's very important to try out the chairs - what is comfortable for one person, isn't comfy for another - our bodies are just too different. I therefore suggest you either wait until you can take our Mum to try them out in a shop or find a company that is willing to do home visits. Me...
Hi Liz and welcome,

Good you manage to have a giggle.

Do you know folk nearby?

You might like the cuppa for carers virtual meet-ups. Will post a link later if no one beats me to it.

Got to dash!!

Melly1
She wouldn't cope working with a stranger, No, of course she wouldn’t. But remember, you were a stranger once and she got to know you!! Research transition and introducing change to people with autism - it’s not impossible - it just take planning, preparation and time. Gradually introducing other p...
I’m not sure why a legal claim for one relative would stop payments is DP’s for another relative?

Melly1
Pipsy, Some agencies recruit care staff specifically for a new client; however it’s more common for them to allocate from their regular care workers. If someone really isn’t suitable you can request to not have them again; but agencies are juggling clients and will be looking at travel distance betw...
Pipsy,
The hours allocated should be calculated according to a person’s assessed needs.

The amount per hour sounds average.

Melly1
Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forum.

If your username is your real full name, please change it to protect your identity.

I’m on my way to bed now, but others will be along tomorrow to offer advice.

Melly1
Hi Melly yes ive read it ?Looks like i will just have to wait my turn unless the government provides the form online for carers ?? Susan, I posted the info because you wrote: Susan_210212345678910111213141516 : Hi i live in wales I asked about the vaccine im 57 ,i asked if id get it earlier as im a...
David, there are more voluntary roles online at the moment due to the o pandemic; therefore you could be onhand to support. In the future, perhaps you or a family member could help her transition to a new role. Or a mentor/volunteer befriender/ paid support worker could get to know her and support h...
I don’t remember it being an issue with the ones we recruited ourselves. I’m sure it happens a lot. People move on, more care workers are added to ensure an adequate pool of people etc I also requested not to have certain agency care workers - I did give the agency reasons for this. Are you employin...