Maureen,
I'm glad you and Dad are receiving support. Well done for getting that organised. We are here as and when you need us.
Melly1
Londonbound, are you sure you can't Carers Allowance? I'm sure others on here with disabilities have been able to claim it if they are caring for another. I think you should check this out. Why not email the helpline just in case advice@carersuk.org you have nothing to lose. It's a pity of course th...
Pet, good for you introducing yourself to the new manager. It's about time they had one who stuck around.

((( hugs))) treasure the positives.

Can he have breakfast foods for supper and an extra pud at dinner time?

Melly1
Helena, it's very hard to care for someone who is so obviously going against medical advice. Keep making sure the professionals are aware. Personally, I think I'd reiterate what the medical advice was and then let him get on with it or are you worried he would be physically aggressive? (You could mi...
Sorry to be cynical, but as any measure introduced by this government is to save money, I expect this is such a scheme and it is being dressed up to sound as if the vulnerable will benefit. Also with dwindling health services, will there be much to spend such a budget on? The social care DP system h...
Hi, I'm sure hospitals have to report (to CQC?) about pressure sores. The ward staff should definitely be proactive at preventing and where necessary treating pressure sores. I'd check her sores and then started making a big fuss. When I was confined to bed following an operation, the nursing staff ...
Hi Susan, It all sounds very stressful and intrusive. S has care workers four mornings a week, to look after him between me leaving for work and his transport arriving. If the care workers are late, it means I'm late for work. The agency (in theory,) provide a weekly timetable of the time of the car...
Hi Rosemary,

You can adjust the time by:

Clicking on the little triangular arrow by your name
Select User Control Panel
Select Board Preferences
Scroll down to Timezone and select the correct time
Click on Submit.

Hopefully that should sort it out. Let us know if it doesn't.

Melly1
Hi Emma, Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear your daughter's epilepsy is getting worse. Do you need to work only when she is at school? If so, you could mark exam papers, NVQ or similar course work. You could try contacting different educational publishers to explore the field of developing reso...
Hi David, Welcome to the forum. I juggle work and caring too, but my caree is a young man with autism (plus other stuff.) I work four days a week and have Monday's off. Monday is meant to be my catch up day and "me" day. You'll find on here despite lots of different caring situations, there are many...