Holly, Is your daughter's college place funded through education or a mixture of education and social care funding? Has your daughter had a Needs Assessment? You need to contact social services and request a Needs Assessment for her and a Carers Assessment for you. During the assessments you will ne...
I doubt she really appreciates how much work goes on behind the scenes, when you are dealing with totally overwhelmed officialdom and red tape which needs everything completed in triplicate and sent umpteen times as it gets lost or fails to be passed on to correct department so needs to be repeated...
S has a care worker on the days I work, to support him and put him on transport for college. The timings can be tricky e.g. Care worker arriving late / transport running late etc but it does mainly work. I have to check the rotas and contact the agency most weeks re timings of the visits.

Melly1
Hi LesleyAnne, Feel free to rant away. You are quite right, Attendance allowance IS to cover the cost of this sort of thing, either paying a relative/ friend or a support worker for their time and expenses. This money isn't for saving it's for spending on support. I think this is a conversation you ...
Very ingenious, Albert. I love homemade inventions, my Dad was very into them too.

Melly1
Hi Ann,
I have split your post from Pet's thread and given you one of your own so that folk can welcome you properly.

A lot of our members have experience of caring for someone with dementia, so you are in good company.

Melly1 moderator
It's confusing enough to the staff that I call MIL 'Granny', as that is what I've always called her since her grandson was born - but then staff think 'Good Lord, she must be YEARS older than she looks, if her obviously very middle aged visitor is her grand-daughter!'.....!!!!!!!) :lol: :lol: :lol:...
Hi Marella, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about your husband's recent diagnosis, what a terrible shock for you both. Supporting more than one caree is very hard going. Re surviving financially, I suggest the Upfront guide is a good place to start to see what you are entitled to https://www...
(((Pet))) Well personally I think the agency nurse asked a stupid question. She'd have been better saying something along the lines of, "Isn't it lovely to see your wife/ P, today," or similar, instead of putting poor hubby on the spot with such a daft question. There are much kinder ways to test me...
Erm...taking my frustration out on carpet sweeper?! :blush: :whistle: Erm, I know what you mean GFraser. I've taken out my frustration before, pruning a bush, I felt better, but when I looked at the bush the next day ... :shock: :roll: (at least it was one of the neighbour's totally neglected bushe...