[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Old topic. Locked.
Hi SueMc, I'm sorry to read of the traumatic time you have all been having and dreadful care your husband has received. I don't have experience of caring for someone in the mental health system, but others are here do and should be a long with advice. In the meantime, I suggest you look here https:/...
Swaneldo,

sounds like you are finding your way.

We are here when you need us and others will always benefit from your lived experience of caring.

Melly1
Peter,

Perhaps look at it from a different angle. If roles were reversed and you were the caree and your partner was your carer - would you want her to spend every moment with you or would you like her to be able to go out occasionally, knowing the break would do her good?

Melly1
Hi Peter, I'm sorry to hear about your Mum. Very traumatic. If you want to talk it through, (I know you said talking doesn't help, but just in case) then here is a link for support for those who have lost someone to Covid https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/social-distancing/bereaveme...
Hi Peter, It sounds like life isn't getting any easier for you. What is the situation now regards your Mum, is she still in hospital? What about your wife? Is she letting the care workers do more for her? Have you spoken to your counsellor about how you are feeling? Sorry for all the questions. I ha...
Hi Kelvin and welcome, It sounds like life is full on, juggling work and caring and life's demands. Do you and your wife receive any support from social services? This is the best place to start re respite. In an ideal world what would respite look like for you? I have 'short breaks' which means S i...
Hi Penny, it has taken a over a month and 17 messages from me, re-entering information, resubmitting the same information, receiving a letter for S saying he hasn't declared something (that hadn't even happened) and that he owed money (he didn't) dealing with a a letter to him posted on his journal ...
Old thread. Locked.
Hi Alan, caring is tough and you sound like you need some support and regular breaks. Its very different to a job (even a demanding job) because in paid work, at the end of your shift - you go home and someone else takes over. Has your wife had a Needs assessment so that she/you can have some practi...