Hi Pet, Sorry to hear there is more than the usual niggles happening again. More worry for you, thankfully he has been admitted now. Poor hubby. He'll be more comfy once they have emptied him out. Doesn't the home keep a record of bowel movements? This should be preventable. Are they giving him enou...
I think they would be only be of use with those that suddenly "blow" with no outward signs of there being a problem and for those in services where the staff don't know them well enough to recognise that someone is getting anxious. With S and the children in my class ( non verbal, ASD,) we nearly al...
Social care have been trying this tack in our area for years, hoping the NHS will pick up the tab of the more complex ( expensive) folk needing funded support. Sometimes a split is agreed e.g. 40% NHS/ 60% social care, but often they don't meet the criteria. Still reassessing everyone keeps the asse...
They do or where we live too, often totally on the pavement. No room for wheelchairs, pushchairs and often pedestrians. They also block where the kerb is dropped to aid pedestrians pushing someone across the road. :shock: :roll: I've taught S to walk on the pavement, so he squeezes through. I always...
Hi Jan,

Welcome back.

Were you called Jan before?

Melly1
I'm still getting lots of not authorised messages, bad gateways, loss of icons, can't attach images, minute print means need a magnifying glass when eyes are tired ... problems all still exist and never went away, Michael, just seems a waste of time reporting them.

Melly1
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"You just 've to love 'em!"

Melly1
Hi, I know this an old thread, but thought it worth resurrecting with an autism tale. Yesterday we were at Special Olympics and one of the athletes was collecting sponsors for the local ( and rather gruelling) fun run. I said I'd sponsor her and filled in her form. S decided he would too. He wrote h...
Hi and welcome, In comparison to the amount of respite myself and friends with disabled sons and daughters receive, I have to say that is a very generous respite package. I was offered approx £1050 which apparently would provide S with 21 overnights off respite. In a B&B with a half hour care visit ...
Hi Ellie,

This forum is for folk who care for family or friends.

I suggest you contact you speak to more experienced colleague, your manager face to face, your union rep or look on the ACAS website for advice.

Melly1 Moderator