[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Have you decided how you will mark the day? ((( hugs)))
Melly1
I am locking this thread as it is attracting spam.

Melly1
Hi Debbie, welcome to the forum. There are quite a few members supporting family members with mental health issues. I don't have direct experience of caring for someone with this. However, members on here say only the person with MH issues can make the decision to engage with help and until they do,...
Hi Podengoo and welcome, It sounds as if the pads are not absorbent enough and are becoming uncomfortable and hence your FIL is taking them off. I would contact the incontinence service or whoever arranged for the pads to advise on ways forwards. It may be that he produces more urine at night than d...
HI Cloudygal, I have visited a few places. I want to settle S somewhere suitable before I'm too old/get poorly/have no fight left to ensure it is the best it can be. He will never choose to move out and because of his background (see my signature) he has anxiety around abandonment, so it needs to be...
I am locking this thread it is attracting spam.

Melly1
I am locking this thread as it is attracting spam.

Melly1

Londonbound, It sounds like your subconscious is sorting out your thoughts, memories and feelings about your caree whilst you sleep. After losing my Dad, I often dreamed about him too. I’m sorry you are still waiting for counselling. Do you have anyone to talk to or reminisce with, in the meantime? ...
Hi Chris and welcome, There does appear to be a shared lives scheme in Lancashire https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/sharedlives/ however, it would depend on them being able to find your sister a ‘match.’ Funding could also be a challenge, though not impossible as your sister would be moving authorities....
Hi Cloudygal, Sorry I’m late to the discussion but very bogged down at the moment. There is some good info here https://www.challengingbehaviour.org.uk/education-housing-social-care/8-ways-to-get-a-house-pack.html Although the info is aimed at the more severe end of the autism spectrum / learning di...