Hi
I agree with the previous posts; my caree was called for jury service. I rang up to explain and sent off a slip and an explanation. It was fine. Reassure your Mum and sort it out on Monday. I agree, why do these things always arrive Friday pm or the weekend?!

Melly1
Hi Hazel, Welcome to the forum. I would say if the outing was for your Mum's benefit e.g. an appointment, to buy her some toiletries, to take her to visit her friends etc buts he needs you to go along and support her, then, she should pay your fare. This is what would happen if you were a paid carer...
An update to this post: Thank you to EVERYONE who gave me advice through possibly the most difficult time i’ve ever had to go through. My mother passed away in December and I did make the decision to go to university and I still attend now. We facetimed everyday and I came back most weekends even t...
Antony, Look at a different way. Your brother is able to safely walk/travel to a café on his own, engage with familiar staff, choose and purchase what he wants, take it to a table and sit down. He can drink without prompts and return home safely. He prefers smaller/less busy places. He definitely do...
Hi Martin, I don't have experience of this, but have been a lodger and also lived in a shared house in times gone by. It all depends on who you are sharing with. I would go through a recognised scheme, like Homeshare, as Chris suggests https://homeshareuk.org/ as they will have experience of what ma...
I have a lot of paperwork for S; but thankfully not as much as Mark and Steven.

Melly1
Hi Katie, Congratulations on your two beautiful new arrivals. Double trouble!! You certainly have your hands full! One new born is exhausting, let alone two; and one of those having special needs. Juggling appointments with the two of them, can't be easy. Do you have any family members/friends helpi...
Shared Lives is like fostering for adults. A good match and successful placement can last until the Shared Lives Carees retire/ the caree no longer needs care, (for whatever reason.) A poor match and unsuccessful placement can end at anytime, with 28 notice - the same as residential care & supportiv...
Cheechee,

glad GP and assessor had some common sense.

Melly1
Good for Pet; it's important to speak out, if things are to improve.

Melly1