[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Problems ahead for social care The immigration plans spell trouble for adult social care. BBC reporter on the effect on social care : https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51550421 The majority of people employed by the sector are low-paid care workers. They are responsible for providing daily hel...
Last night, Caroline Abrahams of Age UK said: 'It's all very well saying we have to 'grow more of our own' care workers but it's older people and their families who will suffer if a care company can't come to their aid because there aren't enough staff.' [/size] https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...
This is an old thread. Lucylocket last visited the forum in May 2017. I am therefore locking this thread.

Melly1 moderator
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. Please change your user name to something else (a pen name) to protect yourself from unwanted emails. Members will be able to use the personal message facility if they want to contact you privately.

Melly1
Hi Lee, I haven’t had the exact same problem but have had difficulties getting social workers to engage/ act and had to get legal aid for my caree and a solicitor to act on behalf of them. It’s amazing how they jump into action once a solicitor’s letter has been received! This might be useful on the...
Hi Lee, I haven’t had the exact same problem but have had difficulties getting social workers to engage/ act and had to get legal aid for my caree and a solicitor to act on behalf of them. It’s amazing how they jump into action once a solicitor’s letter has been received! This might be useful on the...
Carol, you have every right to leave. There is definitely a difference between being supportive and inadvertently aiding someone to stay as they are. I don't know much about your daughters (?) condition but it sounds like she is very controlling. I would think it better to make the move whilst she i...
Hi Kate and welcome,

I think only carers or former carers understand what caring is like.

I hope you find the forum supportive. Take a peek at different sections and join in wherever you like.

Melly1

Thara, her husband broke his back in 3 places.
This article came my way; Can the council make me homeless? My mum with dementia faces astronomical care bills and the money is running out https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/pensions/article-7999617/Can-council-make-homeless-money-mums-care-home-runs-out.html Worth looking at responses and advice po...
Hi Jason, I would seriously discourage tying his hands/ arms as this would be considered to be restraint and could instigate a safeguarding alert being raised. Is the problem with the catheter 24/7 or only at night? I think you should contact the incontinence team or whoever deals with his catheter....