Hi Alice, A lot of carers join the forum in times of difficulty and yes, a lot of carers are struggling. The forum can't replace counselling but the good thing about it is, we all understand how difficult caring can be and the forum is non-judgemental, so it's a good place to vent, seek emotional su...
Well, that's a lengthy investigation and report!

If only they'd get on and do it. Do you think the staff are capable of recording the sorts of things the Ombudsman is asking? I suspect they'd need training.

Melly1
Glad you were both treated with kindness and understanding. I hope you hear soon and the report is accurate and true.

Melly1
Hi, How frustrating. I know it's easy in retrospect, but don't go with door to door decorators/builders/gardeners etc again. Next time, use someone on personal recommendation and if you aren't able to find someone that way, I believe Age Concern have a list of trusted traders that they recommend. Re...
HI Sandy and welcome,
lots of carers on here, with experience of supporting the elderly and also those with dementia.
I'm sure they will be along of the next few days.

Melly1
HI Sandy and welcome,
lots of carers on here, with experience of supporting the elderly and also those with dementia.
I'm sure they will be along of the next few days.

Melly1
Hi Amy, welcome to the forum. I'm not a sandwich carer but I do juggle caring and teaching. I feel I'm doing a good enough job in any area of my life. I have this feeling frequently too. I'm also so tired, term time. I dropped to part time, working 4 days a week, in an attempt to have a bit more tim...
Definitely contact the agency and say how great the other care workers have been but how you no longer wish to have the tardy one. You won't be the first to have said this, I'm sure. When S had care visits; I had to request this on two occasions - one chap was always on time, but had no rapport with...
Hi Johaan,

welcome to the forum, I hope you find it supportive and helpful.

Several other carers on the forum have experience of caring for someone following a stroke - it can be hard work.

Melly1
Thinking of you Londonbound and sending cyber support.

What a nasty shock.

Melly1