[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks for all the info Lily r. saw the doc today about how much mam eats as I could not get anymore complan drinks without seeing a dietician. So doc is checking it out and getting a dietician and looking into getting complan shakes until then. But still now mention of speech therapists.
<t>Thanks for your input Anne. I know that when I try and be firm I get 'don't you want to care for me' and 'I won't be here much longer' and 'I wish I wasn't here'. Tonight I found out how sneaky my mother has become. I used to use the ice gel on places she had a pain. We don't use it now as we hav...
Yeh Crocus, I know my mam is being manipulative into trying to get me there 24/7. But I need some time away from her to keep my sanity and do things in my own home. I don't have a partner/husband/man in my life. I'm only one person looking after 2 homes as well as my mam.
<t>Thanks for putting this in Lily as I am beginning to have not nice thoughts. Am not thinking suicide but wishing my mam wan't here anymore. She says she wishes she was dead and I tell her to stop that as I don't want her dead but am starting to feel very depressed. I don't want to go to the docto...
<t>Another thing she's started doing is pretending she can't do anything for herself such as eating or moving her arms. I know she can do these things and it's all I ask of her. But if I give her food she can pick up she tells me she can't chew it or swallow it but as soon as I get her something whe...
<t>I'm getting really down about my mam. We have 2 carers go to see to my mam 4 times a day every day. 2 in the morning get her up, washed and dressed and give her her medication. 2 go at 11.00 to see if she needs the commode and giver her medication and the same again at 4.30. 2 then go in to put h...
That's ok Bowlingbun. Stretching her throat seems quite severe but if gets her eating properly. I'm going to have a word with the doc once the hols are over. Now she's starting to say she feels sick after a few teaspoons of food. I can't even get her to eat from a fork or even a larger spoon. I have...
thanks for that Brindleboy123. I'm certainly going to look into it. It does worry me that she doesn't eat much.
<t>My mam has osteoporosis as well but I don't see how stretching your mam's leg would help her swallow. :/ My mam's spine is crumbling at the base and she can't walk anymore. Was talking to the district nurse the other day and she had suggested a neck brace and was surprised when I told he what the...
<t>My mam has trouble with her swallowing food. she just got new bottom teeth as she had trouble chewing. Now she says she can chew (but it seems to take ages) but has trouble swallowing. Unfortunately her head tends to tilt to the left and down and I have to keep pushing her head up to try and stra...