[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Sorry to appear thick, but what is DLA and AA?
(thanks for all your relpies)
<t>Really hope someone can advice me on this.<br/> Mum has been in and out of hospital and respite care for almost 10 months, she lives alone in a council bungalow, she only has about £5.000 savings apart from her pension and disability allowance.<br/> We are now realizing that she may never be able...
Thanks Scally, thats given me hope.
I have been trying to ring the solicitor the last 2 days to clarify a few things before i sign the dotted line, and not been able to reach her, I'll try again on Monday. Thanks fro sharing your story, glad it worked out for you.
<t>Thanks so much for all your kind replies and useful advice, Today my back seems a bit less painful, but I am not used to being at home all day , find it very difficult to 'rest' and incrediably boring. I'm trying to avoild taking the pain killers so much as I am frightened that if they take the p...
<t>Thanks, I have logged it with the hospital and been in touch with a solicitor, who thinks I have a case, but i would rather have a healthy back, typically, I am off sick til friday then on 6 weeks leave (school worker), hopefully i will be properly mobile come september, i love my job. My back se...
Thanks Charles, Audrey, doc says to rest initially then if no better, physio. Mum goes into respite today, so at at least there will be no caring for her at home at the moment, great idea about the 'lifting' course though, as an ex nurse, I should have known better but i just wanted her out of that ...
Thanks so much for all your kind replies. A 'friend' wanted to know why I hadn't done a risk assessment before i got into the lift! Right yeah! maybe the thought of getting my mum out of a dodgy lift, before it dropped even further, was my prority....some people! http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_...
Thanks Audrey and Tracym I hace tried pads, they don't really do much, think I'll get my water bottle out.
<t>NOT my mums fault, I hasten to add. I was visiting her in hospital and she wanted to go to the hospital shop, which we have done many times before, well this time, unbeknown to me, as we entered the lift, the lift floor was approx 6 inched below floor level, (i couldn't see as mums wheelchair was...
Thanks for all your replies. Have just returned from the hospital, apparently, I think mums has been telling whopping porkie pies! The staff nurse checked her notes and no-one has been to see her and told her that her home package has been reduced to once a day! They also said under no circumstances...