both elec and gas come to £101 a month. My husband has been put into care now, so it might eventually go down, although i am now in the house 24/7 because of my mobility now. Fuel about £40 a week as need this to get about and don't get an allowance at all as too young. Gas boiler is old needs...
<t>Dementia is still seen as an elderly illness. It's not anymore. My husband was 49. Everything was put on me as Social Services didnt no what to do. He was too young. Age was discriminated needs and illness didn't come into it. Too much was also put on to how much money do you have. As we both are...
I am now an ex carer as my husband is now in a nursing home. I got no option Social Services took over. After a Social Worker ignored my health and he went into hospital. Hospital Social Worker took over. I am now on DLA myself and cant work. So not only having to pay for the Nursing home i only hav...
Well i spoke too soon. Husband went aggressive even though quetiapine was increased. He is now in hospital, but been told he is doing better now and not aggresive. Not sure how long he will be in so will see when i get him back home.
<t>I have been doing some working out and was shocked at what really is happening. Get taxed (council and IR ) £3728 a year, also want us to pay £4682 a year towards care in the home and respite so far thats £8410 that goes back to government. Get £7314.20 a year in allowances hhhmmm the...
<t>Does this apply to under 65's as well, as we are needing a new boiler but my husband is 53 and is on high DLA. I have tried to get grants for it but always told too young. Yet he has Dementia and feels the cold. We get hit with age discrimination a lot even though he has an illness that is only a...
are you willing to start one up for the UK ? I am at the moment doing some calculations as to who really pays for care, but i know everyone will be different. It is based on how much tax, benifts, care costs.
Who wants a carers Union? A few people might get a shock if we started up one or one took us on.
<t>How do we go about contacting him? And with the SNP getting in Scotland should the Scottish carers contact them. I think there should be a panel of carers consulted so this dreadful system gets changed. We have a young carer who comes in and he is from another country and he even says UK is bad f...
QUESTIONS Should a Social Worker come and see the person cared for when they come out of hospital? Should you and the cared for person get another assesment done when the person has deteriorated? Oh the Social Worker said last October that they don't do assesments but she did one that i was told was...