[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello Marriane I am in a similar position to you and sympathise entirely. The legal side is correct as it is down to patient choice, so have you contacted your GP, or Social Worker, if you have one? How about just not talking about it for two days in order that he has time to mull over his thoughts ...
Hello Rebecca Welcome to the forum. I am sure that you will find us a friendly and helpful lot who are happy to read comments from people and as you will find there is lots of information in the different sections. Make time for yourself, buy some gorgeous bubble bath and some special body lotion to...
Hello Michelle Welcome to the site and am so pleased that you have found us as you clearly need an outlet and time out. I do hope we can help. Are you in contact with former friends and colleagues who could come and be with, or take your husband out? How about your family, will they offer respite fo...
Hello Nina Welcome! I am sure you will find this forum supportive and that you will feel less alone. Elaine has given you some wonderful advice about looking up the MIND website. They are great and will give you advice as well. The thing about depression is that you are unaware of the world around y...
Hello Caroline Welcome to the forum and hope this provides some comfort and assistance for you to find a way forward. There are lots of people on the forum in a similar position so have a look and read up the advice given. Of course it is very difficult to deal with someone who won't allow anyone el...
Hello Dawn So glad you found the forum! There is no question that this site will help you as you read through other peoples experience and advice. It is often just needing someone to listen to you and to acknowledge that this is a difficult time for you. It is so important that you make time for you...
Hello Pam You have had some very useful advice already and hope that this has reduced your anxiety. Having worked in Dementia care for fifteen years, I would suggest that you gently bring help in at the beginning. How about finding a cleaner who is willing to chat with you and your Mum together (som...
Hello Rosemary I worked in a Care Home for twelve years and as your home is clearly a good one, make good use of the staff and chat with them.. Find out what alieviates his distress, from the staff when you are not there. Usually there is a pattern, so it will help to find a solution if you chat wit...
Hello Sue Like you I have just joined the site out of desperation, and already feel so much better and hope you will too from reading the advice on offer for different questions. Your mother should qualify for community care and you need to speak with your GP about this. The key idea is great, and a...
Hello Jenny Thank you so much for your very kind and wise words. I am now taking steps to stop being under his thumb as clearly I always have been. From now on I am going every two weeks and am not going to be upset anymore when he sends me unkind e-mails. My mother left due to his behaviour unsurpr...