Hi all - thank you for your replies. I come under West Sussex and the process of arranging our Direct Payment situation was Social Worker led. I do know that the decision to have payments being made to me, Mum's daughter, was agreed at a panel level. However, social worker was extremely experienced,...
Hi Elaine AA is paid directly to my Mum. She seems to think it is her 'right' and some kind of compensation for ill health. She has had complex personality and mental health issues all her life and there is no changing her mindset on this one. The SW who has facilitated the assessments was excellent...
Firstly, a bit of background. My Mum has suffered from four instances of oral cancer. She has had numerous surgeries and lastly, a round of radiotherapy. This has left her nil by mouth permanently and with disfigurement and speech problems. However, she has also suffered from personalityand mental h...
Been here got the t-shirt! You mentioned that your mum went into hospital with low potassium (amongst other symptoms). Low potassium just might be the key. Vagueness, disorientation, lack of mobility and frequent trips to the loo? These are some of the (unfortunately not the serious ones) effects of...
Thank you Jenny. Not quite ready to give up yet - close but not quite yet. You certainly hit the nail on the head. You just wish you could find the secret ingredient which makes them see you differently and be a parent. Think that ship has sailed however. Thank you for taking the time to reply. Enjo...
Good Morning Not like me to post anything on a forum - I'm a 'coper' - but feeling pretty desperate today. I have been looking after my Mum since January 2015 - well actually I have been looking after since I was 11 but that's another story. Mum has suffered various oral cancers since 1986. Lots of ...