There are two facebook groups that I am part of. They are both closed - so only members of the groups can see what you post. One is Parents of Kids with Schizophrenia https://www.facebook.com/groups/461789313858387/? its American and very active. The other is Pops UK https://www.facebook.com/groups/...
Ask again. And again - as politely as you can. Emphasize any danger to themselves or others if there is any - because those are the things that really get services worried because they might be accountable if something goes wrong. Apart from that, calm or whatever helps you to bear it. I found somet...
I would agree about both Mind and Rethink. They have experts you can phone. And even if they can't provide solutions, they can help you understand the landscape better. CQC doesnt actually do anything but it is worth submitting your experiences to them. They have a form somewhere where you can write...
They need so much more 'activitation' energy than others to 'get going'. Exactly. So what - practically and affordably - can we do? That's a rhetorical question. But that is what we need to be asking ourselves. Starve people? Umm no I dont think so. I sympathise with your frustration. But that's to...
Jenny I think you ask very good questions: what might really, actually help people with mental health issues and what can we as a society afford. But that takes me to different conclusions. Because I think a key problem is that NOBODY IS ASKING THOSE QUESTIONS. The mental health care system is so un...
Went to see a mental health rehab ward where my son is supposed to be going next month. So depressing... The ward has no psychologist for therapy - on maternity leave and no replacement. The ward has no occupational therapist - on maternity leave - though there is an untrained replacement who is app...
Really sorry this happened.

Awful though it is that things had to get so far before you could get any help, at least now your son is safe and will hopefully get some help.

Look after yourself.
I'm glad your son has calmed down. I hope he remains calmer.

I just wanted to say - I think writing to your MP is a brilliant idea. It probably is mainly down to lack of resources . Mental health isn't well funded and our loved ones often can't get the care they need. We need to do what we can.
I just wanted to second Mrs Average's suggestion about Al-Anon family groups. They wont solve your problem. But - if you find them helpful - they will make life a bit more manageable. You will certainly be among people who understand. And the meetings are all about finding ways to cope. You sound ve...
I also remember somebody saying to me that if you say you really cant cope, then they have to do something. Don't know if it is true but it might be worth trying. In my experience, they do nothing, nothing, nothing until a trigger point is reached (danger to self or others - though even then there h...