Just a warning. I thought my partner was choking on a piece of food but it turned out he was having a heart attack. The paramedics were about to leave when I mentioned he'd been complainng of chest pain earlier that day. They had a very immediate change of plan. Because he also has dysphagia his hea...
Hi, My partner too has a brain injury. We only started having carers after several years when he started needing to be hoisted and couldn't shower himself any more. At first we had really good carers who became friends. For the first couple of weeks I stayed around telling them what to do and how to...
Bread is one of the easiest things to choke on and best avoided. If you really can't do without you can soak it in soup and eat it that way or there are frozen ready meal sandwiches which puree the bread. Sounds and looks disgusting but my partner likes them.
Just to be complete it applies to rural Hampshire, where BB and I both live but not to the Southampton and Portsmouth urban areas, hence my comment about postcode lotteries. Also my partner's was issued without the c on it even though it should have been. They spelled his name wrong too. Didn't both...
Personally I'd let them do all the work unless they actually start taking any sort of action. Carers are busy enough..
I'm sure it won't be a problem. I suggest you write to them stating what you've stated above and asking for her to be excused jury service permanently. Give them a ring on Monday to put both your minds at rest but this will be routine to the courts. I can't remember if there's a form with the summon...
Have you checked to see if you can travel for free? It's very much a postcode lottery but definitely worth checking out.
I didn't see this when it was first posted. Perhaps there was a glitch in the system. My constant complaint, too many battles. About a year ago it was being highlighted as Carers' biggest problem. For the moment it's been eclipsed by money problems but by no means has it gone away. You are definitel...
Hi, I've been in a similar position to you in that my long-time partner/soulmate became suddenly dependent in 2013 after a brain injury. I recognize all of the emotions he went through and largely still has. I think suddenly being dependent on others made him very insecure and clingy and frightened....