[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Jason, I understand that you don't want to know how the disease progresses. In any case, every person is different and reacts in different ways. The only advise I will give, having been through this with my mum, is to agree with what your dad says, even if it is rubbish, and try to distract him a...
Hi, Yes, a good article but may give false hope to some, as indeed has Martin Lewis. There is no obligation, for example, for employers to take someone back who had already handed in their notice or started after 28 Feb. At present, the Government support lasts until 31 May but is likely to be exten...
Hi,

Carers UK has put some guidance on this subject on its main website:

https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic ... s-guidance

although I am not sure anyone has all the answers yet.
So sorry for your loss, Broostine. She is at peace now. As you say, everyone is different. I also went back to work quickly after the loss of each parent. In a sense, I parked my problems at the door and found work a distraction. Whatever works for you. Thinking of you at this difficult time, Anne x
You did exactly the right thing, Yasmine. Now that she is being looked after in hospital, it would be an excellent time for you to visit some nursing homes. You will then know what is available in your area if you need one.

Thinking of you, a very difficult time for you x
Hi Yasmine, Yes frequently a UTI does affect mobility. However, in my mum's case, she eventually was unable to walk. As the dementia gets worse, the brain no longer sends a signal to the legs to work. This may not be the case for you but it is a possibility, unfortunately. As for how you cope, the s...
Hi Gary, I have been in similar shoes with a mother with dementia, which only helped to exaggerate the stubbornness. I failed to get her to go to a daycare centre, I managed respite when desperate by putting her in a taxi and telling her we were going shopping. I then cried all the way to the airpor...
Kerry, you sound exhausted which is hardly surprising. Like you, when caring for my mum, it was only my job and this Forum which kept me sane. Do you have the same GP as mum? If not, you will need to contact both. Contact your GP and explain the situation, stress that you can no longer cope and need...
Tina, Welcome to the Forum. To be honest, it sounds as if you are pretty aware of what is going on and what you need. Counselling will be expensive but, I think, hugely beneficial. Not least because many stage 4 diagnosed cancer patients now live a long life.Many links to finding a decent counsellor...
Markyboy, No, there are no easy solutions. I would book a GP appointment for mum, not of course because she needs a dementia assessment ;) but maybe an elderly persons check-up. I phoned my mum's GP and asked him to see her on this pretext as mum would have refused. The advantage to a diagnosis is t...