Hi Joyce,

This is a Forum for people who care unpaid for loved ones. I am afraid we would not be very knowledgeable on this. I can only suggest you discuss it with your care company.

Kind regards,
Anne
Hi Angie, Welcome to the Forum and sorry to hear about your dad. I guess the first question is do you want to look after your mum yourself? Remember it is a very different situation when you care for loved ones to caring in a home. How much care does she need? Are there other siblings who could help...
Very sorry to hear that, Nicola. It is a cruel cruel disease. Nothing we say will take the pain away. However, as MrsA says, the mum you knew and are mourning is no longer. The only blessing is that your mum is unaware of much of what is going on. My mum too had an obsession with tissues. The brain ...
Hi Suzy, Welcome to the Forum. I am one ex knackered daughter and the one thing I did learn is that you need to project manage your caree but NOT do it all yourself. Delegate, delegate, delegate. Also, in time it may be that mum behaves better with external carers than she will for her own daughter....
Hi Linda, Sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. Like him, my mum had various physical things wrong with her, plus vascular dementia. The main characteristic of vascular dementia is that the decline is not steady. It is almost in phases. Your husband may continue as he is for some time, then ...
Have removed links as I am afraid we don't allow advertising on this Forum and, in any case, would not be of any use to a largely UK Forum.
Do you think her dementia is getting worse? The reason I ask is that in many people the eating impulse simply is not there and they would indeed starve to death. This used to be one of my main problems. Would mum eat more if she had a grazing platter / picnic type meal? My mum forgot how to use a kn...
Welcome to the Forum, April. In addition to what others have suggested, and whatever the outcome of the doctor's visit, can I suggest that you also look into Power of Attorney if you don't have it already. I can fully appreciate you don't want to consider your OH getting any more forgetful, but you ...
Marvellous news. Possibly unwanted advice, but when you come back from your holiday, I would suggest visiting some local care homes, especially those who do respite stays, and have them up your sleeve. You may hopefully never need them but no harm to be prepared. I eventually had mum in hospital and...
Hi Geraldine, It sounds as if the best answer would be a care home for mum for the week. My mum stayed in one several times when I went on leave. The process depends very much on who is paying for it. If mum has approx over £23k in savings, she will be considered self-funding. If not, it may be fund...