Hi WorriedDD, Sorry to hear about your father and the situation you find yourself in. I was in a very similar situation some years back with my mum. Do NOT allow him to be sent home. Stand your ground. As Melly says, there will need to be a best interests meeting at the hospital and the main issue w...
Mmm, a difficult one, Jo. I wonder if sticky notes on the desktop would work https://uk.pcmag.com/windows0-2/86739/how-to-use-sticky-notes-as-reminders-in-windows-10 Alternatively, the non-technie version which I used to use with my mum is the wipe off board. I used this to remind mum what time I wa...
Hah, I lost years searching for things. Mainly in bins but frequently stuffed behind the sofa, knickers behind the radiator and hearing aids wrapped in tissues and then binned.

In your case though they are larger objects so more difficult to hide ....
Small booklets on all aspects of mental health but free and might be useful to some:

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-sup ... al-health/
James, You have the rights to request time off for dependents but unfortunately your employer is not legally bound to agree to it. You have the right to "reasonable" time off in emergencies but there is no legal definition of what is reasonable. Unless your employer agrees to the contrary, the time ...
Nikki, I could have written your post about 5 or 6 years ago. In my own experience, and yours may be different, anaesthetic did cause the dementia to worsen. In any case it is a degenerative awful disease. In my mum's case it was dementia plus a broken leg. You will not know for sure the outcome for...
Good luck with the visit, Stephen. I was going to mention ice-cream and sticker books too. have some wet wipes handy too for the mess!

If you can pop to your local supermarket, they will have a good range of sticker books.

Most importantly enjoy,
Anne
Dee, I too can relate to this. I am 3 years post caring, single, still working, very few family members. Most of the time it doesn't bother me but when there is a crisis / illness, I think it does leave you vulnerable and wondering what the future will bring. In a sense, I think it is a form of PTSD...
Welcome John, Yes, I felt exactly like that when caring for my mum. And the life I had pre mum's diagnosis was over, at least temporarily. I too took the happy pills from the doctor. And at first I felt 10 times worse; however, gradually they did enable me to cope, as did venting on this Forum (I di...