[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
It is so sad, Lauren, I went through similar episodes with my mum. Try to enjoy the good times with her because there will be good times in amidst all the heartache. If nan asks about going home, it might be worth asking her what she likes best about her home, or what she remembers doing there. When...
Hi Julie, Sorry to hear about your mum. In my own case I contacted the council refuse department and they flagged that my mum was vulnerable and they would come into the front garden to remove the bins. Also the carers fed my mum's cat. I need to be present originally to show how much and what to fe...
Hi Liz, And welcome to the Forum. I found myself in a similar situation with my mum and eventually found that she required more care than I was physically and mentally able to give. If your husband were to be in a nursing home, you would be able to visit and do the nice things for him, while paid ca...
Hi Amanda, and welcome to the Forum, I am so sorry to hear about your partner. It must be a dreadful time for you. I wonder whether it is worth going to your GP and see if he can give you something to get you through this difficult period. It is the old adage about putting your lifejacket on before ...
Welcome to the Forum, Gloria. After so long caring for your husband, it must be a huge readjustment and make you feel very lonely. You have taken the first step by coming onto this Forum. I know that when my mum first went into a nursing home, I felt redundant. Are you visiting your husband in the h...
Hi Caroline, Welcome to the Forum. I think many of us feel as you do. I cared for my mum until her death. And I felt frequently trapped, resentful, even bored. That is not to say that I did not love her but many of us are reluctant carers. It is why sometimes we need this Forum, so that we can let o...
Welcome to the Forum, Susan, and I am sorry to hear about your husband. Yes, your own health must come first. Does your sister have any other form of support? What support are you currently providing? Maybe it is time for your sister to have a care assessment, rely more on paid carers and you simply...
Hi Tony, Sorry to hear about your sister. Yes, the GP is the best starting point. If the GP refuses to deal with any relatives because of patient confidentiality, (This happened to me with my mum), they may be prepared to read a letter from you. Brain scans can detect vascular dementia. The memory t...
Hi Karen, And welcome to the Forum. In addition to all of the above, do you have Power of Attorney? If not, I would get this done very fast before it is too late. My mum had Alzheimers / Vascular Dementia and I managed to get a lawyer to draw up PofA paperwork. Mum had to sign and claim she understo...
Welcome to the Forum, Ian. A dreadful time for you and your family. In my case, I described it to my mum as a "convalescent home" until she felt better. Many people with dementia say they want to go "home" but they are referring to their childhood home. I too hated the idea but sometimes our loved o...