[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Paul, My adult son suffers from severe depression and can be very challenging to be around sometimes, however much I love him... I found the books by Anne Sheffield, particularly Depression Fallout very illuminating. They look at depression from the point of view of the carer. Good luck my dear K...
Hi Josephine Someone better qualified than me will be along to give practical advice - I just wanted to say wow - what a lot you've got on your plate! It seems so wrong that you're being given the runaround like this - very bad for you and for your child. Why have the mental health team discharged y...
Hi Good suggestions above. I don't have much to add, other than to say I looked after my mum for 6 years at home with dementia (vascular) - and I absolutely, totally applaud you. Mum went into a nursing home latterly when I could no longer care for her (she kept having mini-strokes) where she stoppe...
Hi bernie Don't think you should feel guilty at all...you must try and keep up some opportunity to chat with friends or you'll go bonkers! Would your husband really mind if you had people in to visit? Or is there someone who could sit with him to allow you out? Have you had a Carers Assessment yet? ...
Hi Holly I feel your pain! My situation is not exactly the same, as it is my adult depressed son (in his 30s) who lives with me currently (but which is affecting my mental health and upsetting my marriage (to stepfather). My son has no real friends and the relentless negativity is very destructive, ...
Hi Anne, just hoping your husband's review went ok? Hopefully there is some sense of a way forward? Not sure if this is the case for you, but I have had problems being 'included' in my son's care plan. In fact a CPN airily said 'of course, carers can be part of the problem' :shock: That's fine, I'll...
It is so so easy to feel overwhelmed by another family member's mental health issues. I have been learning about 'depression fallout' where the effects of the illness start to manifest themselves in carers (!) Well not exactly that, but feeling shocked, demoralised, hopeless, angry and finally, want...
Oh Anne, what a difficult situation. I don't have time to respond fully right now (got to take my adult son to see his therapist (!) - we live way out in the country and he doesn't drive), but didn't want to just read and run. Will be back later...my only comment right now is that you recognise he's...
Hi Neil, I don't have any answers, just plenty of support...I have a son who is 32 with severe depression/anxiety disorder, so feel your pain. Like your son, mine had to have a severe shock before he sought help. He has been medicated and in therapy for two years now - still living at home (came bac...
Hi Walter, nice to meet you. I'm sorry to say I hadn't heard of Lewys Bodies before so I googled it - it sounds seriously hard on you and your wife. I looked after my mother and aunt at home who both had Alzheimers until their deaths in 2006 so possibly have some insight into that part of it. Do you...