[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
First they go for the poor and disabled, reminds me of pre 1939 germany. feel for you and in a similar predicament.
<t>Good points all round. Scally makes some sense. But this is the absolute minority. I don't think people with large incomes should qualify for DLA, it should be means tested. There are those that claim it fraudulently, but the figure is less than 5%. My situation is that i had to leave work to loo...
it is becoming a joke. the pressure put on people will only make things worse.
<t>One of the most frightening things is that the government are viewing DLA as a benefit in terms of not working, many people work only because they receive DLA. In our case i receive carers allowance because my wife receives high rate on both components, if this is replaced then i would not qualif...
yes we get those benefits, the point was more on the work capability centres. Everyone on incapacity will be assessed. As i said a double amputee was assessed able to work even though the mental implications aren't taken into account, and the person in question feels they aren't able to work.
<t>News from someone who works for the benefits agency. The above named centres are being set up to advise on disabled people (or those claiming disability benefits) whether they are capable for work. People are judged on one day, if they can't attend then a home visit is arranged. Once a decision i...
will do. Just emailed a journalist for the independent, he'll look into it all.
It is of great interest. I shall write to our mp and to some journolists who may take up the mantle too.
<t>An indefinate DLA award can be reviewed at any time and i expect there will be many thousands of claims that are with more complicated forms and those deciding with targets to make cuts. This has to stop. Get ready for the protests to begin. I do know people with dubious DLA awards, but the vast ...
<t>Aparently four 'Integrity' Centres have been set up to re-evaluate claims for income support relating to people or partners who receive DLA. smacks of cuts to me in some shape or other. I know hundreds of these forms have been sent out, maybe to see if there's some cut to IS that could be justifi...