There was a petition about it. The Government responded and it contained these paragraphs: "Formal carers, i.e. those who are employed as “professional” carers, do of course need to receive all the protections that employment law offers, including receiving at least the National Living Wage/National...
That's what they did to me Royd! Gave an increase with one hand and took it away with the other hand! :(
I received an email in response to the petition to increase Carer's Allowance in line with the minimum wage. The Government stated that they did not consider it to be a "wage" or to replace proper work. :? :? I can't work - I'm too busy caring for 2 family members (only allowed to claim for 1) and I...
I wonder if we went to the same Festival.
Hi folks Three years ago, I was awarded ESA Contributions-Based after coming to an agreement with my then-employers and leaving work. Two years ago, I had to complete the dreaded ESA50 (Work Capability Assessment) form and I was placed in WRAG. A couple of months later, my brother returned home to l...
Those of us who only get Carer's Allowance are struggling too. It's a dreadful situation.
There is a big problem with Carer's Allowance and working that has been flagged up on our local radio but ignored elsewhere: On 06 April, 2016, the new minimum wage of £7.20 per hour was introduced. This is a great thing - unless you are a carer! If you are working part time for 16 hours per week, t...
Hi folks I receive Carer's Allowance and am on ESA Income-Related. I now need to do a lot more night caring and we have been advised (by my brother's consultant) to apply for the Carer's Premium. I've Googled it in great detail and I am none-the-wiser. Who do I need to ask about trying to claim it? ...
Hi folks I am new to the forum and this is something that I have been raising for a while. I know that Kent CC apparently offers a card which proves you are a carer. Anglesey also has a card (how I long to move there soon but Dad is proving to be a complete PITA - that's another story). Instead, I h...