[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello. We got our Deputyship order from the COP in May. We had to apply when our Dad died and our Mum could not sign forms eg for widows's pension due to advanced dementia. I would caution on two main counts from our experience. Firstly, if you get a solicitor to do it for you, make sure you get one...
Just seen the extra post re the will variation. As its two years from death, looks like we still have a chance if this is beneficial so must get on and appoint the new solicitor and discuss this.
Thanks for the extra comments. My sister cares for Mum whilst I'm at work and I work 3 days a week. Even if you allow for travelling time and occasionally staying one night a week this still doesn't make 35 hrs. Mum very rarely leaves the house though my sister does drive her when she does eg doctor...
Scally, we've checked the rules. I earn too much and my sister doesn't work the minimum number of hours. She's now considering renting out her house as a last resort (not to live with us though) which would at least cover her mortgage but wouldnt actually provide much extra to live on if that. That ...
Fuming as wrote a long reply and it didn't submit!!! Shortened version if I can remember it all - whilst Mum is 84 and has dementia she is in good health and her mum who may also have had dementia lived till 96! So no idea what will be left in the estate especially as we know she will have to go int...
Not sure about using the formal employment route as sounds like a lot of paperwork and red tape especially due to the new rule on pension provision. Also isn't the £3000 pa gift rule that she must survive for 7 years to remain tax free or am I getting confused with something else? It would be better...
PS forgot to say, that yes council tax already sorted and backdated but only recently as no-one actually told us we could register for this (which includes a reduction for me as I live her and am her carer. I found out as a fluke.
Thanks for the responses. Will definitely ring CarersUK when I get a chance, I just didn't know who would be the best to ask. No question that Mum is due the allowance and I arranged it as soon as I could after Dad died, no problem with that. The question is whether we can give it to my sister as in...
Does anyone have any advice or experience of the following situation - we would be grateful for any comments/help. My mother has advanced dementia. My sister and I started sharing caring for her when our Dad died end 2013 (he was her unregistered/unpaid carer till then) though it is only me that act...