[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Do you live with mum? Does she own, or rent her home? Have you ever had a Carers Assessment from Social Services. Hi Bowlingbun, I don't live with her (she kicked me out aged 18 but refuses to acknowledge that and says I left willingly) and she rents from a housing association (I've always paid her...
Thank you Stephanie. I phoned Samaritans last night and talked to a lovely woman for over an hour. Her response was the same as yours. My mother will always see herself as a victim first, and that means she instantly feels attacked when there isn't one. Paranoia is a wonderful thing, especially when...
This is very long, so I apologise in advance. I'm looking for encouragement mainly, my friends have already passed judgement on the issues raised below so I've already had the talks about morality and owning up to my decisions. Quick recap of my life. I'm 25, mother of a toddler with a loving and su...
How about phoning the uni's student union or the NUS for advice? That is a plan. The Student Union in my prospective Uni isn't apparently that good. But I do seem to remember that there is a website for disabled students, they were unable to help me in other issues, but this might be something they...
Hi Evie, welcome to the forum. Did you know it is common for DLA claims to be disallowed completely, or only the lower rate awarded, unless people appeal? A relatively junior person with minimal training looks at the initial claim, then when you appeal, someone more qualified then deals with it. (I...
Why not contact your university accomodation department? They usually have lists of landlords or houses which accept students & so are used to the income/guarantor problems. Alternatively the local council housing department for the area that you are moving to may be able to give you lists of recom...
Hi there everyone, I have been a carer since I was 10, although it wasn't until I was 16 that I called myself a carer (I am now 21). I provide overnight care for my mother who has a range of issues including mental and physical disabilities. I have disabilities myself, but due to my mother's paranoi...