[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello Have you considered setting up your own business? Something along the lines of companion, helper, casual Granny sitter? There must be many people who would pay for someone with your qualifications and experience to perhaps keep Granddad company three mornings a week, take Granny to the shops ...
bowlingbun wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:02 pm
Roughly where do you live?
Hi and thanks for replying.
Southwest Devon. (Another not very populated region as one of the other posters described in here).
Hello, Fellow Carers. Thank you for being so honest in all your posts...and thank you to those responding so compassionately to those posting. What a rare group Carers truly are. I have put off writing this post, for many reasons. The classic carer reason for not posting being I avoid burdening othe...
Thanks for the information. Having supported four elderly parents with a variety of health issues, and with an adult son who has severe learning difficulties, I know only too well that many "carers" are not worthy of the title! In view of your mum's very high health needs, I think you should be adv...
Very hard, Cosmo, in my experience to find good candidates. I was going to mention local authority website too as they often list qualified carers for those using direct payments. Also I found befrienders through my local branch of Age UK and they also knew of some experienced care assistants looki...
susieq and bowlingbun, Thank you so much for getting back to me! I sincerely appreciate your promptness. :) I was not very precise in my wording....Money is not the issue. We do have care via NHS, but we chose to be in charge of the interviewing and hiring because staffing was so bad with NHS's serv...
Please let me know if I have posted this in an inappropriate place. :ugeek: I have been using the 'jobs' website called "indeed.com" to find candidates for helping us with Mum's care. :unsure: We only need a small amount of assistance so that my husband and I can have a wee break from the 24hour/7da...