[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>My husband passed away on Friday March 7th this year. He was in a care home from January 2013 until his death in hospital. I phoned the home within the hour after the hospital called me with the news of his passing. The next day I went to collect his belongings as the homes policy is that the con...
Kar2010 I have bright orange ear plugs that look like carrots, I shall start wearing them Image

Lazydaisy I will bide my time and wait. Husband is 13 years older than me!

Birdymom
Hi Excalibur I think I've left seeing a lawyer a few years too late http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_sad.gif We've been married 40 years. I will try and take back control of my life like the social worker suggested. It won't be easy stuck at home caring 24/7 for him. I wish there was someone like...
They had a cancellation today so this morning asked if they could come this afternoon for my carers assessment. Been waiting since early February. Lovely lady who gave me some excellent advice on how to deal with my manipulative, verbally and emotionally abusive control freak husband who is jealous ...
I get the feeling reading your lovely replies that you all know exactly how being 'just a wife' feels http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_lol.gif I've been told that there is an eight week waiting list for a carers assessment so I will just have to carry on coping on my own. A physio came to do an a...
My husband had someone round to assess his needs today. He told her that apart from a lady coming in the mornings to wash him no one else did anything. Hello, I do all the washing, cleaning, cooking, shopping, taxiing etc etc, in fact my life just revolves around him and his needs http://dev.carersu...
Hi barrowgirl and welcome to the forum from another newbie. I recognise only to well what both yourself and inspired have to deal with. I feel sure my husband is an undiagnosed aspergers sufferer. He tries to control me and abuses me both mentally and emotionally and has done for the 41years I've kn...
Welcome to the forum Charles from another Newbie. The members have a wealth of knowledge and their own experiences to share. They are all very welcoming and helpful.

birdymom
Thank you once again for all the helpful hints and tips. Brindleboy your post was amusing and made me laugh (I needed that) Susieq I finally took your advice today and called to ask if I could have a Carers Assessment. I'm waiting for someone to book a time and day for me. As Frank coughs a lot of t...
<t>Thank you for the info Meg. <br/> <br/> How do I find out about what local support there is for carees and carers? I have read that some of you have a Social Worker. Do I just phone them and ask for one? <br/> <br/> The hospital just sent him home with a Zimmer frame and on oxygen, no one mention...