[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I have managed to do some resting. Thanks I still can't believe it but, after years of suffering with MND, my mother passed away on Thursday. At least she is at peace now. Thanks to everyone for all your advice and support whenever I posted a query. Best wishes to everyone - take care - stay safe. A...
Hello Guys. Wishing you all a very happy lockdown - that is to all those who are still in lockdown... ... also just popping into the forum to share some problems... It was great, approximately 10 years ago, when the local authority sorted some building work around the house so that my mother could s...
Sorry to hear your brothers were always 'too busy' Sorry, that came across the wrong way. I was reflecting what a mess it was. When I was newly widowed, newly disabled, left with a business to run and a son with learning difficulties having endless problems with his carers, this was absolutely the l...
I'm sure you do. Ii was not arguing or even questioning just explaining further
bowlingbun wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:20 pm
Yes, you are joint new owners. The will executors must apply for probate and tell the Land Registry. My mum tried to avoid doing this and left me with a mess to sort out. I know what I'm talking about!
To explain further - ownership of the property is shared between myself and my siblings. If I decide to sell up or move out it would be divided between us In that case, there is some work to do before anything can be changed. As mum has left a will, then the executors of the will need to apply for "...
Thanks Very sorry to hear of your loss, JustthisGuy, a very difficult time for you. When my mum died, I seem to recall that the bank insisted on seeing the original death certificate. I would check with them first. However, no urgency, be kind to yourself and take one job at a time. Thinking of you,...
Amounts banked are less than £20k There is a will and it states that the house is mine to live in as long as I choose to do so I have 4 brothers and one sister Thanks Do NOT touch mum's money yet. The Power of Attorney does not apply now, as mum has died. You MUST go through the formal process now. ...
I will have to sort Mum's bank account soon: I could go online and cancel some direct debits and transfer the rest of them to my account - and remove all £ from the current and ISA but perhaps it would be easier to get the bank to deal with it all bearing in mind that I have power of attorney. Of co...
Thanks - yes it has been very hard going. I expect I will pop back sooner or later The loss of a parent is so sad but after a long illness, there is relief too, there are many feelings. Be kind to yourself, remember this is a forum for former carers too. Get in touch if there is anything we can help...
I still can't believe it but, after years of suffering with MND, my mother passed away on Thursday. At least she is at peace now. Thanks to everyone for all your advice and support whenever I posted a query. Best wishes to everyone - take care - stay safe.