[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks Pet, Dad has been on diazepam for a few days and one of his carers told me on the phone just now that they'd actually had him eating in the dining room with the other residents on a couple of occasions this week - something which has never happened before. I've agreed with them that I'm going...
Since my dad has been living in a care home, I've learned the power of a gentle and comforting lie. My dad will often ask after my brother, who died in 2003 - wanting to know when he's coming in to visit, etc. It was hard at first, but I learned to say things like "Well, you know Dad, he's really bu...
Hi all, My dad has VD and has been living on a residential dementia unit in a care home for the last year and a bit. Recently his behaviours have started to become very worrying. He has trashed his room several times, is frequently verbally abusive and has assaulted me and, more recently, care staff...
Does anyone know what the deal is with electoral registration for people in care homes?
Although Dad won't be voting any more, I guess he still needs to be on there.
Will the home do it, or do I need to add it to my list?
This gem from today -

Dad: I could really do with a...
Me: Cuppa tea?
Dad: Airline pilot.
Me: [...]
Today I discovered the delights of cut-outs. Because Dad struggles to see where on forms he is meant to sign, I get a piece of black paper, cut a hole where the signature box is and clip it over the form, then say - just sign it in the white box. And I tend to print out at least 10 copies of the for...
On the subject of slippers- Dad needed to put his third slipper on :shock: That happened to us too - Dad (on the phone): I've lost one of my shoes Me: OK, what is on your left foot? Dad: A shoe Me: What is on your right foot? Dad: A shoe Me: There you go then, they,re both there Dad: But shouldn't ...
That's a good idea, I need to do that.

I've also been lucky so far in that nobody has even asked whether I have POA for Dad - he just waffles on about "This is my daughter, she looks after me..." then they ask to speak to me!
After 18mths of fighting our arses off to keep Dad safe and well in his own flat, a rapid deterioration in his cognitive state, coupled with a stay in hospital, has necessitated a move into a residential care home, funded by the local authority. My bro and I are now going through the process of clea...
Hi Tracie, Sending you lots of love and hugs. My dad is 68 tomorrow and he was diagnosed last year. With vascular dementia, physical health is very important. Things like blood pressure, weight and diabetes are risk factors, so keeping those under control can help keep the dementia under control too...