[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I am at my wits end both mentally and physically. My 95 year old Mum with dementia came home from an overnight stay in hospital after a UTI which has left her very tired and hopefully temporarily bed bound. The normal care agency who provides a single carer 3xs a day has no additional carers availab...
Update......I spoke to the CCQ regarding this and they said we could make a complaint, but I didn't, just knowing that helped me stand my ground. After speaking to the social services care worker and being 'nice' to the owner, she said she would think about it and gave me a deadline. A few minutes b...
My Mother is 94 and has dementia but she still lives alone in her home. She has carers visiting 3xs a day. The care company started to use a digital system 6 weeks ago and the carers input all her normal records into their mobiles so now no records are kept at her home. No healthcare worker can now ...
My elderly Mum has taken herbal supplements and remedies since she was a child. She has taught me about them and has many books and given me many books on the subject in the past. Now she has been diagnosed with vascular dementia and is now being cared for by a care company in her own home for meals...
Just thought I'd post an update. I very very nearly lost my home in the summer of 2017. I contacted Stepchange who were very helpful and I had to go to court. Although Stepchange did an income and expenses for me the mortgage company said I couldn't afford future payments. They were given 28 days re...
Carers visit my 92 year old Mum diagnosed with Vascular Dementia. They are supposed to get Mum dressed, washed and give her breakfast and tea downstairs in the morning. And in the evening make sure she has water by her bed and give her something to eat or at least put some nourishment beside her alo...
Oh my, I don't know where to start. Mum was finally diagnosed with dementia 3 years ago, I noticed the first symptom a few days after she started on Clopidogrel and aspirin for a small clot, she couldn't remember what a windmill was called. Mum fluctuates between normality and having bad short term ...
Hi everyone, My dear Mum is 91 years and was widowed 3 years ago. I live 15 miles away and I also had my husband leave me 2 years ago, I had a heart attack a year ago and I also look after my two children, one of whom has just passed her driving test, hooray! At least one less to use Mum's taxi serv...