[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
There is some very good info on the alzheimer's web site and a draft memory book. I'm working through that bit by bit with my mother; we add to it when she feels like talking. You can find more info here:
http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scrip ... entID=1671
My mother has what I call "blips" where total confusion descends and there's nothing to be done but sit her down and talk soothingly to her. If a stranger were trying to get me into a car I didn't know, I'd start yelling. Maybe your mother temporarily didn't recognise the car and panicked? Or she sa...
You're not a failure; you're just sort of working against the odds. I wonder if she could be depressed? Could you have a word with the local older mental health team, or whatever it's called in your area? It may be she feels she's out of control when she comes downstairs and the demented mind does n...
Might well be worth keeping that to wave under a GPs nose if one's not getting much help from the GP. Interesting reading, thanks.
Interesting and worrying thread. You've helped me make up my mind that yes, the study door will be locked when we start getting carers in to "mum sit".
Mum's first appointment at the memory clinic was on one of her good days and lead to "mild cognitive impairment, see what she's like in six months and we'll do some more tests". I insisted, calmly and politely I hasten to add, that they book her in now, so he did. Turns out she has mixed dementia - ...
The question is does she have mental capacity to make powers of attorney? If she does and she doesn't want to, harsh though it may be there's not a lot you can do about it other than try and talk to her when she's in the right mood about it. If she hasn't got the capacity, and maybe this is somethin...
If she's deteriorated suddenly, could there be anything wrong with her health wise, such as urinary tract infection? My mum (early-ish dementia ) and my mum in law (perfectly compus mentis) wander/wandered off with the fairies when they have/had one.
Jenny, have you contacted crossroads, Surrey? Web site here: http://www.crossroadscaresurrey.org.uk/ They provide three hours respite care a week. Unfortunately, there is a long waiting list for free care, but it may well be worth your getting on the list now so, in due course, you can have a regula...
Drawing clocks is the easy bit; mum was asked to copy an interwoven figure of eight - she made a far better job of it than I could have done.