<t>Meeting seemed to go well, despite the nursing home not knowing about the meeting! the on duty nurse sat in on meeting and agreed to various things, including one of the carers on the floor being excluded from Mums care. Next day the nurse who assessed Mum called a meeting with myself and my brot...
<t>My Mum, who I've cared for for 13 years, is now in a care home that is about 11 miles away from where we live. by car, but I don't drive so have to rely on public transport. Every day for the last 3 weeks I have taken the train to see Mum, often staying for 7 hours.<br/> <br/> Mum can't have her ...
Hi

Thank you for your reply, I missed out some info here that I put in my intro post, and that is that we are with a private landlord, not a HA or the council.

AJ
<t>Hi there, <br/> <br/> I just posted an intro to the Newbie thread, but thought I should maybe post this here too?<br/> <br/> With my Mum going into a nursing home within the next couple of weeks, my older brother and I now face being made homeless. Council housing are not interested. My parents h...
<t>Hi everyone,<br/> <br/> I'm new to the forum, though I've been a member of Carers UK for a couple of years. I'm 45 and have a joint honours degree in psychology and Linguistics from Bangor Uni. I also went to Cardiff Uni to take a Post grad. in Cognitive Science.<br/> <br/> However about 6 months...