[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
'No-one is ever worth your tears and those who are will never make you cry'

Russ
<t>Wonder if it would be an idea if each consultation was recorded? Calls to various call centres and to emergency services are automatically recorded and no-one questions that. This might make the various consultants/doctors/professionals think maybe twice about their demeanour and how they are tre...
<t>Hi Charles47, yes, I remember that case a while ago. This demonstrates also that doctors, consultants do not seem to be accountable for their behaviour, mistreatment etc. Even on a GP level, I think the Shipman inquiry unearthed a whole can of worms there.<br/> <br/> We had the displeasure to enc...
Yes, it beggars belief, particularly when there has to be an element of trust on the patient/carer's part when seeing any doctor or consultant. As a result it can undermine confidence in the profession.
I noted what you wrote about your unortunate experience LilyRose and I wondered if any others had similar experiences, or just a poor standard of care and treatment? From my own experience with my wife's care, it's been an all-too-frequent occurance. The first neurologist we experienced was a lady, ...
<t>Thanks for that Matt.<br/> <br/> It's always good to hear about research or combined resources into this debilitating condition. I've always thought that epilepsy was a condition that has been overlooked and ignored at the expense of the very people it affects. As mentioned earlier in the thread,...
<t>Hi Jean<br/> I agree, it's a pretty appalling state of affairs with regards to epilepsy when you consider that 1 in 131 people have epilepsy, 450,000 people in the UK have the condition, with 40,000,000 people worldwide. With some people, it's still a taboo subject, bred by ignorance. The Epileps...
Hi rosemary My wife takes one of the meds that you listed, Lamotrigine, which I think is used to supplement other anti-convulsants, rather than stand-alone-treatment. She's on a mixture of three, which is Epilim, Epanutin (Phenytoin) and Lamotrigine. Of all the three, Epanutin seems to be the worse ...
<t>Hi amateur and LilyRose. Thanks for replying. It's always good to meet others who care for a friend/relative who has epilepsy and to compare notes, so to speak. My wife has major and minor seizures, also what's termed as myoclonic jerks, which can be debilitating. She used see various neurologist...
Is anyone caring for someone with epilepsy?