For many , it is a constant battle from the moment their child is born ... with the added worry of what happens when they , themselves , are no longer capable of caring. Institutions such as the former Winterborne and more recently discussed Whorlton Hall. I know the NHS likes to call them ATU's (a...
Its part of a much wider problem. The other side of the coin is as medical science allows us to sometimes give persons with life shortening/limiting disorders either a bit more time, or a better quality of life (I hope both) than in decades previous, there are barely services out there able to cope ...
It might feel like a waste of time but sometimes we need to be that voice for those we care about because nobody else will hear them. And its also about peace of mind for us as carers, particularly if it is a long-distance setup where example we might not live with them. Contact the agency If they c...
Hello Claire, You are in good company and most welcome here, If you happen to have any areas regarding the day to day care or even the "admin" side of things (dealing with DWP etc) we would be more than happy to answer questions you have as best we can. I hope you are getting at least some sort of a...
Welcome, Maybe if you know somebody else your mother can trust, be it family member, friend or an advocate of sorts, bring them along and articulate in the clearest possible manner that you will not be providing her day to day care, that she has been offered alternative care arrangements and that if...
My self-censor almost melted.. I will try to put some up that have not been listed.

Adversity, Abandonment, Barriers, Bureaucracy, Defiant, Hypocrisy, Isolation, Misunderstood, Resilience, Soul Destroying

rosemary wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:15 pm
long term one that overflowing with the t shirts ;)
Your in good company as always :)
Hello, I appreciate what you are saying, I just meant that while tubing is the "endgame" there are various stages of puree before you get to that point. My sibling (one of 3 people I look after) has a rare/complex disorder they were born with and has always needed complete care.. they are a signific...
I'm not against farm foods, or Bluebird Care. However, the whole "special" page was supposed to be devoted to Carers Week - big banner right across the top of the page. Nothing specifically about our army of UNPAID carers. I know what you mean, its like we do not even exist. On the plus side at lea...
Hi HB, We had the speech and language therapist out a couple of weeks ago and the choking symptoms were present then. They've not really advised her to change anything she's already doing- just take small bites of fairly soft food etc. A PEG was mentioned at our big multi-disciplinary meeting last ...
They are volunteer staffed I believe, but their information seems to be coming from above, such as incorrectly deflecting service users with CHC funded caree's - to approaching the NHS CCG itself for carer assessments, mirroring the terminology I encountered in my later dealings with adult social se...