Most people claiming Universal Credit (or income support as a legacy claim) do so because while they do not overlap you still require a qualifying benefit for NHS treatment (prescriptions, dental, etc) amongst other things, CA as a stand alone benefit does not automatically qualify you for.
Blackmail and financial abuse of the elderly... if agency carers income is seriously that bad (low enough to be on benefits) that is a whole new thing altogether because we're talking about potentially £1000's acquired over a period of time which we both know they are unlikely to have declared for t...
Disabled facilities grant could in theory be used for modernising heating in your household, as it is supposed to encompass anything which improves the living environment for the individual its being spent on (heating being a basic need) Changing the boiler isn't an automatic fix not a gambling man ...
Growing problem right now is providers are given absolute free reign and are cherry picking those least in need, over those that need alot of help, because the latter are less profitable due to the resources (time, manpower) required to accommodate their level of need. I have or have had down the ye...
Its not the condition its people and their stereotypes. What Melly said, I've disclosed having a dx of aspergers along with my other health issues when dealing with DVLA and then only because I didn't want to chance getting fined/possibly losing my license because its a useful form of ID even if I'm...
They need to do scans alongside the standard questioning.. it is subjective because in theory I could go do the questions tomorrow and fail because I'm not into pop culture, my first off hand answer to the PM question would be an [explicative]. probably adding that the only person that went into tha...
In the short term, you could try applying for an emergency deputyship order which may be granted in relation to helping a caree with a decision which may immediately impact their health and well being, which you have demonstrated in your post In the long term, i have to tell you, actually putting a ...
From another that has been doing this most of their life, You have been through an awful lot from a young age. Consider that this is not just going to be a mourning period for your sibling, you will probably feel like because of the ongoing situation with your family you were never able to properly ...
You must keep telling yourself "I am doing the right thing" because the sad reality is that one day, we will die, and our children need to be safe and be well cared for without us one day. Pretending we will live forever is not an option for someone with a child with LD. Probably one of the best pa...
Hello, If an NHS occupational therapist has issued equipment for a cared-for person with an outlook to it being used for all tasks relative to its purpose (for example, a hoist for transfers, etc) then it is usually done so under the premise of there being a risk to not just the cared for person (in...