Hello, How do you manage to cope with the responsibilities that have been placed on you? You sound like you have had and are continuing to have a hard lot (caring for your sibling, parent and at one point grandparent). How do you cope? I wish I could be like you and accept it. How do you do it? Wher...
The check list figure can't be accurate though, because services actively work against carrying them out when their supposed to. Presuming when they say "non triggered" they mean cases where the patient or their representative has requested it be done (because services have wrongly failed/refused to...
Hello, Not to be disrespectful to you, but it sounds rather horrible (and borderline negligent) on the part of your mother that at this late stage of her life she has not taken the time to properly plan on your brothers future without her. These days it is a common thing for those with severe/comple...
Only one person can claim carers allowance for taking care of another, so you would want to check this off the bat. Its a similar story when it comes to council tax and how a carer is disregarded to reflect their role/lack of income You do want to be getting something which officially acknowledges t...
Hello, I have to agree, you need to also think of your fathers health as the added mental/physical stress can act as a catalyst (trigger health problems) in even fit/healthy people let alone the elderly who really should not be providing that sort of care to begin with. You want some younger hands d...
Remember we do not know you or fully understand the dynamics of your situation and members who will answer you are just trying to help. We can be blunt sometimes but no offence is ever intended. Absolutely is never intended to cause any ill will to others, just many of us are either current or form...
Hello and welcome, Can appreciate how hard a time you are having. Aside from low mood does your father suffer with any current/long term physical/mental health problems or is he simply a little frail due to natural condition/age etc or simply not able to run a home by himself since losing your mum. ...
Mileage will vary but I've always known the money to go back into the pot/them to take it back.

Its to encourage us to use it or lose it
In this case honesty the best policy yes you made a judgement of error but at least you are willing to put things right which puts you ahead of the herd. Just explain you have never dealt with the benefit system prior to this and you made a mistake. Their auditing process is a long way behind but th...
Thanks Chris and Pamela xxx I have tried to get Dad CHC funding, but he didn't qualify. I had forgotten that maybe Age UK could be helpful. I will give them a ring. I hate confrontation, but sadly Dad is not able to complain himself. He is in hospital at the moment again and I almost feel a sense o...