I respect how difficult a job it is working in front line care, I've known 100's of them down the years ,I have on countless occasions stood up for front line staff because of the disgusting way they are treated by the employers (and sometimes, clients)... but that does not excuse that increasingly ...
Yea its common place, By all means make a drink but unless you are happy to do it otherwise, you should draw the lines at meal prep they are grown adults who should either eat before they visit or better yet be offering to take you and their brother they care so much about out to a meal, or better y...
AloneWithMum88, You don't apologise, it breaks my heart to see anyone hurting like this and I am sorry you are having a difficult time. Stuff other people. Family or not expect no recognition/acknowledgement from them because honestly they often aren't going to understand the level of commitment, co...
Antony, I saw your other thread in the young carers section and replied there Just to let you know we see you and I hope somehow we can do something positive, even if its just some supportive words of wisdom. 24.. I feel OLDDDD and I'm not that much older than you! Just my body talking :) Best wishes
Welcome Antony, Whether its relationships or other life goals, in order to pursue those things you need to make sure there is the right support in place in order to "free you up", not just for those you care for, but yourself. This includes putting the appropriate plans in place where by, for any nu...
So if I have PoA I thought that I could make small judgement calls like this to keep hubby safe and looked after... have I got the wrong end of the stick? Generally speaking, it should be about helping to make decisions in the best interest of the person concerned at such a time where they are not ...
Only an idiot would NOT lock the doors at night! Whether to leave the key in or out is a different issue, there are advantages and disadvantages. If out, then it needs to be easily accessible in case of fire. In all honesty anyone, resident or burglar, can get out of a ground floor window! Take the...
Strictly my own opinion, My main caree (sibling/S) is severely disabled/life long disorder and requires complete care around the clock, can't perform any action for themselves. Another (remaining parent/P) suffers severe mobility/health related problems Last (another older relative/O) suffers mobili...
What Katy Did, I would always recomend contacting Carers UK as well as Citizens Advice Bureau . I would encourage you to double check this information with them just because its always good to have a reputable source in your corner. In the same breath the "goal posts" (rules) have a habit of tip toe...
Hello Cleo, I think it would be worth contacting citizens advice ( www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/contact-us ) to see what they have to say, because our personal experiences in regards to rights of carers in employment will vary, but they should know what is what legally, and I don't wish to imp...