Still looking after this lady with no help or support, I have been making meals but just recently she is just not eating. I make a meal and put it in front of her , its like I and the meal suddenly don't exist, turns her attention to virtually anything except the meal. I don't want to trigger the ar...
My friend ended up in hospital, it's the one stuck in the middle needs more care but doesn't qualify for more care, the extra care is supplied by relatives/neighbours popping in. The hospital who were quick to discharge as care is in place, not being sent home to an empty house. The discharge nurse ...
Power of attorney I feel I am not really the person to take over all the legal responsabilitys, I just don't know them well enough, I thought in cases like this social services do the best interests. There is family but estranged, so how does happen does social services contact them? She does get pa...
Hi I am an unpaid carer, friend to someone ill, I don't get paid, no family nearby not seen them for years. You would have thought the professional carers would notice I suppose too busy. I thinks thats a lot of the problem I have no experience of dementia so don't know what to do so thanks for the ...
caree 73 caring for a friend but they are getting more and more confused, they are not getting much sleep so that probably doesn't help, restricting their fluids and not eating much. all of which isn't going to help, they see the gp regularly had a medicine review last month, the GP didn't notice or...
My regular caree I have noticed more and more they don't seem to be taking things in, every Monday I goto Morrisons weekly shop.The caree knows this but asks when am I going shopping Monday, next day when am I going shopping Monday. I see my mum on Fridays, when am i seeing my mum Friday? I am being...
my friend who I am caring for is having flashbacks from their past got bullied at school, she is finding it very difficult to cope with this. I am not defending her but I think that's why she behaves badly, gets in moods, depressed etc What can be done about it, she has been in mental health service...
Why am I bothering to look after this rude and ungrateful friend, it seems a lot of us are looking after rude and ungrateful people. Low self esteem yes, how does one break away? how does someone dump a friend when they have so many problems and no one helping them? yes I realise it's not my respons...
I was going to post exactly the same, I am looking after my friend who whatever I do they are not happy ranting and raving at me. Basically you need a break from caring and some good support, a bit of me time, you are doing like you say everything for your mum but you just can't do everything would ...
How do you qualify, what state do you need to be in, my friend can do very little herself, don't know anything about this assessment no paperwork. No district nurse and I don't think there ever has been, that's one of the problems in and out of hospital, but left just coping, something happens and b...