[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you - I have health and. welfare LPA.
I am so sorry that you have had this experience. I am sure that others will be along with better advice than I could ever give but just to say I empathise with you. I have been having a horrid time with the hospital my father is in - and to seems to have got worse through the coronavirus. The lack o...
Hi Yesterday I found out that my father was put on a DoLS (Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards ?) by the hospital in May. Although I have lasting power of attorney I was not consulted or informed - nor was any of my fathers family or our solicitor. This is frustrating as we have been liaising closely ...
We have done both for my father. We used direct payments to to directly employ a PA. - a charity called PeoplePlus did all the admin (around tax, pension payments etc ). We have also used an agency. If you can get a good agency I imagine that would be best as they can find cover for annual leave etc...
Rosemary- Thank you for your support. I’m not really sure what the next steps are. The OTs have been out and undertaken an assessment as to whether my home is suitable for my father to live in. We are waiting on their report and proposals from the CCG about what care he may need. I am extremely anxi...
Thank you all for your helpful responses. In the end the organiser of the meeting wouldn’t let us record it but our solicitor agreed to participate and do a record. Hopefully that will be enough. I am still trying to get my father discharged home to live with me so he can die surrounded by family an...
Hi I would be grateful for your thoughts.I have been asked to participate in a discharge meeting about my father - with representatives from the hospital and CCG. Some really important issues will be discussed including Continuing Health Care Funding etc . With social distancing they want to hold th...
I have used bed pans with my father - he also needs double handed support to mobilise. To be honest he didn't really like them as he found them a bit painful on his bottom (the ones you wee into were easier). I used to simply roll my Dad onto and off them but he is very small and light. I imagine it...
Michael Thank you for your message. My father has been admitted to hospital many times over the years so I am aware of what the discharge procedure is meant to be (even though, especially in the current circumstances. the guidance frequently isn't followed). The reason I said I am terrified is. beca...
Michael - apologies if I have missed it but I don't seem to have received a response yet (I think you kindly said you would send me a message once you had back from Carers UK?). Sorry if I have misunderstood, My father has now had one negative test for the Coronavirus and we are just waiting for the...