Thank you so much for your responses and support. It means such a lot to know that I'm not alone. I asked the hospital if they could deliver it but they said no. They said they were going to discharge my father regardless. I called PALs and they spoke to the ward. They in turn spoke to the chemist w...
Sorry I just need to offload. My father is being discharged home today. The hospital have just called to say that they don’t have the medication to send him home with so I will need to go and pick it up first thing tomorrow. I told the nurse I am meant to be in work and as I don’t drive it will cost...
Thanks. I did notice that they said it can take up to 26 weeks to get a response. My fathers MP wrote to the council and we received a response from the ADSS . It wasn't very helpful ad contained lots of inaccuracies. Given the time constraints and that the ADSS has responded but not resolved matter...
A friend of mine went on an apprenticeship and really enjoyed it - led to a good job. Others have been less pleased with their experience. I'm not sure what the pay and conditions are like , how many there are in your area but it may be worth looking at the website? https://www.findapprenticeship.se...
Thank you ever so much for your responses. I'm sorry for the rant! - no one else to talk to.. Ombudsman I meant to ask whether any of you have ever made a complaint to the PHSO or LGO? if so did you all have a final decision letter before you went to them? I know their website says you should have o...
Just wondered if anyone else struggles with some nurses? I have just had a phonecall from a nurse at our local hospital complaining that my father didn't attend an appointment (memory clinic) - she was very abrupt and frankly rude. I reminded her that I had phoned days ago to say that he couldn't at...
Martin I'm so sorry too read about this- it sounds like you are doing a great job. I also look after my father and its really hard. I have had allegations thrown at me - slightly different but still very hurtful : lots of nasty comments including the inference that I only cared for him for his pensi...
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I did go to the CQC. They asked the Local Authority to look into the issues I raised. The Local Authority said as it was one persons word against another they can't act. I really do need help looking after my father- I can't do it all on my own. The Local Au...
Thank you all so very much for your kind and helpful responses. I am sorry that I haven't responded sooner but things have been difficult. My father has gone back into hospital - we still don't know whether it was a heart attack or chest infection but have been told he should be discharged tomorrow ...
I'm sorry to bother you with this but I know that you all have lots more experience than me so may know what to do/how to handle the situation. I think I am just exhausted and too emotional to think straight. Yesterday for the first time in over 20 years I forgot to leave £40 in the morning for my f...