[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you for that. I thought 'they' would find a way of justifying it on medical grounds. I used to get the glucosamine AND chondroitin. I was aware that NICE had stopped the chondroitin as it had, apparently, no beneficial effect, but at the same time they advised increasing the glucosamine from 4...
<t>A letter from the surgery yesterday; the Local Health Board here are no longer prepared to fund the prescribing of that most basic of arthritis treatments - glucosamine. Even provided with details of a web address from where we could buy them on line.<br/> <br/> I appreciate that here in Wales ou...
<t>Nothing like a good rant in the morning I say. It's a harmless activity (as long as it is not directed at anyone) and lets off steam - better than simmering all day.<br/> <br/> I keep a private diary on Google Docs and do my ranting in to that, maximum use of expletives allowed as I moderate it m...
<t>Thanks so much for your helpful advice. After a rather black night I think that I will just wait for a letter to drop in the box and deal with it then.<br/> <br/> In the mean time hope that the Lib Dems will lose their nerve and not vote for any of this rubbish. I have already e mailed my (Lib De...
With a lot of blood, sweat and tears and regular raids on the savings I can balance the books here, but it can't go on for ever. In a couple of years I shall probably have to top up or extend the mortgage to stay afloat.
Ceredigion County Council here are very good and send out a renewal form a couple of months before. The silliest parking ticket I got was in Chester. We could have parked on double yellows with the blue badge somewhere in the City Centre, but as in those days my wife could walk further than she can ...
<t>Did I not hear/read something today about IB (or whatever they are going to call it) being restricted to a year and means tested to the extent that if you had more than £16,000 in assets you would not qualify? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?<br/> <br/> If my wife loses her IB, I will h...
<t>Hello Lazydaisy,<br/> <br/> Not at all - I live up in 'them there hills' above Aberystwyth and you are very astute to recognise that gardening particularly, and also the country, are my pressure valve. Have looked at your profile and what is on my plate pales in to insignificance compared with wh...
... and thank you all for your welcome.

This beautiful autumn is at least helping to lift the soul.
<t>I don't think we're off the hook yet, either as the disabled or as carers. I can see Boy George's next stunt being means testing DLA and/or IB, or amalgamating the two for the chronically disabled - at a lower figure.<br/> <br/> Or means testing carer's allowance; why should I be penalised becaus...