thanks for all your replys to my post . pete ive been caring for him for five years now but its the antipation grief stage that im going through at the minute and the fact that none of my family have offered any help. his family have been brilliant as i pick up the phone and inform them of what is h...
bowling bun
nope he hasnt got a lifeline in as yet . im think about getting telecare in so i can get out.
hi everyone i care for a partner with moderate - serve copd . he is not on oxygen as yet . but ive noticed that when the oxygen levels drop he gets a bit forgetful and repeats things. also can some times get low moods. he walks with a modilitiy walker that he can sit on if he get to breath less . Im...
hi everyone my name is carol and these couple of month have been tough for me . as from 5th august of this year my partners health conditions have increased in number and i feel isolated and abondant by my family . i just wonder when is things going to go right for once. im not sleep properly , eati...
hi everyone just thought as since i cant get to sleep i might as well tell you the latest . you all know that i care for my partner who has copd , arthrist , asthma and had a heart attack three years ago. also now has cancer again after not even eleven years ago being diagnosed with colon cancer. # ...
hi everyone i care for my partner who has copd moderate. his mental health hasn't got worse due to his illness yet . Like many of us i rarely get out with him not being able to walk far . he has a walking frame with a seat on which the social service have provide us with. I feel though he is slowly ...
im a full time carer to my partner and like you all we do what we do out of love for that person , and yes it can be hard on us emotionally and physically . But we have to remember we have to take care of our selves first before we can take care of our loved ones. I find it hard sometimes to remembe...
hi jean i havent been on here for while as ive been busy with writing my fictional books also caring for my partner who as i told everyone when i joined had copd , arthrist , and now is on the point of been profoundly deaf with the added problem of possible anal cancer again as he had just had a bio...
hi catherine try asking your dads doctors for a physio therapist assement on his mobilitiy as they will be able to work out the appropriated walking aids and yes the british lung foundation can help not only you father but all of your family to come to terms with the illness. Rnid might be able to s...
just re read your post
you are being a proper daughter so stop beating your self up and i know that will be hard but look at how well your mother is doing with you around and what you have achieved.
take care of you