Hi Just an update as I disappeared for a few weeks and after all your supportive comments. Sadly my Mum passed away while in hospital, 3 weeks ago. Although it's devastating, I am reassured as it was so awful to see her in such a poorly state and she would have been unable to cope with long term car...
Hi Jane Spot on! This describes everything that is going on at the moment, including the bit about stealing their money by having them committed (where does that come from?!) This should be pushed to Social Workers and all agencies and Government bodies to help them to understand what it is like. I ...
Thanks Pet66
I'm learning fast! It's a huge support to speak to people who know the pain and how suddenly it can change your life. Have moved Dad to temporarily stay with us now so at least I can keep an eye on him and be in my own home. Gives me strength to cope with visiting time.
Thanks Bowlingbun & Mrs Average. It helps to be reminded that there's a 3rd "person" in this. .the illness. I do try to take each day as it comes and am thankful for any glimpse of my real Mum. I'm not a great participater of online forums but this has shown me the value of talking to people who hav...
She's 87 - has always been quite a worrier but knew that I was on her side. Now she thinks I'm just out to get her money and keeps telling the nurses to call the police because she's been kidnapped. I know she's not herself but I keep thinking that I'll visit one day and she'll be back to "normal" -...
Hi I'm not new to the site but I haven't posted before, or not recently anyway. I've read other posts on the site so I know the answer to all this but I just need to sound off and feel less like I'm on my own. Basically, my father was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2013 and my mother was his "c...