<t>So, by the same token, does this mean that anyone whose illness is considered to be self-inflicted will be denied medical treatment by the NHS? I'm confused!!! On reflection, perhaps that would be a step too far. It's one thing to root out the numerous 'scroungers' on disability benefits; quite a...
We were there today, it was a massive turnout, great atmosphere. Pity about the trouble, but we didn't actually see anything until we got home and watched the news. Just hope the government listened. There are clearly an awful lot of angry and unhappy people out there.....
<t>Just had this from 38 degrees -<br/> <br/> 'Thanks for getting in touch. We have had some problems with the campaigns suggestions page and the DLA suggestion has been unintentionally merged.<br/> <br/> We've been trying to press 'undo' on all the changes by restoring everything to how it was on F...
<t>I don't know whether anyone has voted for the campaign idea to 'Abolish the reform of DLA,' which has been running on the 38 degrees site? They've got nearly 2,000 vote for this BUT they've now changed the focus of the idea to 'The coalition are considering assessing children in their DLA shake u...
<t>Ms Vincent must be feeling overwhelmed, I imagine, mainly by all that she has coped with all these years, and by what must have been a terribly difficult statement to make re a request to place her dear child into residential care. She should never have been put into the situation of feeling that...
Have finally had a reply from colchester, to say that we must pay the fine! We notice that the dept of transport recommends that LA's remind people that their blue badge is about to expire. We think that those who don't might perhaps take a more flexible attitude?? http://www.carersuk.org/images/ico...
<t>sorry if this is not, strictly speaking, related to the original thread<br/> - but- regarding getting paralytic ( have I spelled that correctly?), having the occasional glass of wine or single malt etc. - I think this may be an occupational hazard? I have just said to my very dear husband, as fol...
Thank you for that last post - it really made me laugh! Image
Thankyou! I hope they take a similar attitude to us. When my husband 'phoned them earlier, they said that the exempt tax disc, not to mention the obviously adapted vehicle plus wheelchair and ramp in the back were not relevant. It is not as though we are people who aren't supposed to use the space. ...
Oh dear, have just been awarded a Penalty Notice for parking in a disabled person's parking space without displaying a valid blue badge. Didn't realise that the badge expired on 4th September, too busy peeling grapes and painting my fingernails. I suppose I could 'pay up and look good', or maybe try...