my CA stopped dead on the 8th Dec - I am now technically retired - but have a seen hide no hair of my pension? No chance! I filled all the forms in well in advance, and Big Brother already knows I'm 60 so how come they can stop CA on the dot, but can't sort pension out! What if it was my ONLY source...
those of us in receipt of CA are discriminated against.
Effectively, in 2 months time I will not get my State pension - not because I choose not to have it - but because I choose to look after my husband - now how up in arms would mps be if they didn't get their pension!
<t>DPs are a means of giving us choice - we can choose, to a certain degree what we spend it on, after the needed care package is in place, my husband has one days money to spend how he likes. At the moment he spends it on fees and lunch and transport to the local college for the day to do pottery, ...
can I just point out that I use my hubby's Direct payments for respite, ok, it doesn't go far, but it does ensure I get a couple of weekends and a whole week! the paperwork is a pain, but they never check it round here....so I do it once in a blue moon http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif A...
"free personal care in their own home".... so what happens if home is not suitable, will he offer free personal care in A home!
<t>I have a leased renault with fold out ramp. It is insured in hubby's name with me as named driver. But I also have my old Zafira, which I'm reluctant to let go, as its a great runner and is nicknamed the tardis! The lease for the renault is up in 3 years time, and I will have to make a decision t...
<t>it so annoys me when people complain about having their wage/hours cut - my poor son, who went to uni, has not worked since January.<br/> He even applied for a job sorting potatoes - but it was gone before it was advertised!<br/> he is out of the 'young' age range, and can't be'government retrain...
<t>this worries me greatly, as sometime in the near future I face the prospect of a knee replacement - with the accompanying convalescent period.<br/> How will my husband cope without me to make his meals, do his washing, shopping etc. Yes, he has professionals in to get him up and put him to bed, b...
Tony, take a look at Vitalise.co.uk, my OH goes there for a holiday, not respite - his words.
Its not cheap, but if you have DP, it will usually pay for one week. Its a fun place, especially the Skylarks and Southport ones.
<t>more and more I thinl I must be one of the luckier ones, as<br/> a. my caree loves to go on respite<br/> and<br/> b. albeit after a lot of fighting, I now get 2 full weeks and one or two long weekends a year.<br/> <br/> we have to make a contribution to the cost as it is means tested, but I usual...