<t>If your caree has to use a commode, it can be a yucky chore emptying it & some people don't really like usung it either!<br/> I bought a Porta-Potti which is usually used on canal boats & have found that the "Glide-a-bout" commode fits neatly over it.<br/> It means I only have to empty it...
Having been told I don't qualify for carer's allowance, but may be able to get DP - how do I apply for this & what can it be used for?

Carol
<t>It was the Australian poetry fibnals & the two contestants were a university graduate & an old aboriginal tribesman.<br/> They each had 3 minutes to compose a poem with the word Timbuctu included.<br/> So the uni. gradude got up & recited:<br/> "Slowly across the desert sands,<br/> We...
Hi Maxie,
Have you got a good G.P? I had this problem as my partner wouldn't accept that there was anything wrong with him when he first started getting Parkinson's.
I got our doctor to phone him & suggest that he came in for an M.O.T & it worked!

Carol
<t>Hi everybody!<br/> I'm new to all this, so thought I'd share a few thoughts with you all about my caring role.<br/> My partner David has cancer & Parkinson's Disease & although he has had both for a while, until recently he was pretty independent.<br/> Then he had a fall & went into h...