[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>I saw it and was very disappointed in it.It was far too lightweight and didn't underline how the majority of people with disabilities / impairments ( who aren't sports people ) are going to be affected.They could have made a hard hitting programme instead it was forgetable .Fortunately PIP has be...
Hi Daffy ,I understand your frustration .It is so awful being unable to communicate with your relative like you once did.It sounds very hard on you .It helps to share on here I think and know others have been /are still going through it.Please keep letting us know how you are getting along. Re my mu...
Yes I did the same.Whenever my mum mentioned something like when was her brother coming, instead of saying he was long dead ,we always just played along that he'd be here when he finished work.When she asked my daughter when she finished school ,she'd say half past three, though she left school 16 y...
<t>Hmm ,I find it hard to agree.When my mum's carers were looking after her , they had an almost childlike mantra themselves - I don't know if they were trying to convince themselves or convince us.They said " she's probably thinking lovely memories of her childhood all over again.It's worse for the...
Lily, thanks for posting.I have a colostomy and would have jumped at this but I have stenosis so couldn't do it.
For the odd accident your partner gets, did you know you can use the anal plug to prevent this? message me for more details or anyone else if it helps.
best wishes
B.x
<t>She-wolf ,I couldn't agree more . If we could have willed mum to die earlier,we would.The dementia is so subtle for so long ,then when it really gets a grip it is shocking how fast the decline is and you desperately want your loved one out of it.<br/> <br/> I hope your dad avoids that terrible ph...
<t>Yes,I agree it isn't as simple as that .You grieve as they lose their communication , mobility,continence,sight .But when they are gone it still a shock that they are gone.It's final.I try to counter balance this by telling myself she had had enough,she wouldn't have wanted life like that.I know ...
Thanks Lesley , you are only a month in so it must be hard for you too.I HATE dementia,it takes everything away and now at last it has lost her grip on her .Let's hope we dont get it .Chugging down the Thorntons while I can Image
<t>Thank you all.<br/> We had the funeral yesterday.It was high reqeuim mass with communion.She had chosen to be buried and I just couldn't face seeing the coffin being lowered into the ground ,so I hung back and didn't watch.It was bitterly cold and my brothers were crying ..grown men ,such a sorry...
<t>Thanks Crocus ,I don't think people will be offended.<br/> <br/> One thing I wish was that care homes had a guest room for these situations.Sitting in a chair by a bedside all night watching someone is so exhausting,I'd have loved to have a shower and a rest before having to drive off as we weren...