[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Fairer for Carers - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Fairer for Carers

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Carers UK

Perhaps you would publish the reply to the letter you sent in July?
Mention "carer" and most people think you are talking about an elderly parent.
At Carers meetings I used to go to, I was usually the only one caring for my child, a complete fish out of water.
I recognised early on that my family had been given a life sentence, and was determined that I would do my utmost to ensure we all had the best life possible.
This week, almost 3 years late, I've received the Subject Access Request results. 1800 sides of paper, yet STILL I am banging on about the same things I was three years ago, just the same old same old to yet another social worker and yet another care provider.
Does no one care that the bicycles are never serviced now, that one bike that was condemned was "mended" by my son from a similar bike put out for the dustmen to collect??
Does no one care that my son has put on almost a stone during lockdown? He's now 19 stone, he should be nearer 14.
His old care plan said he should do an hour of exercise every night, does no one care that he never does any meaningful exercise?
Does no one care if the most exciting thing he does is go to the tip?
I'm so, so weary of fighting to get what he should be getting anyhow.
Sorry to hear all this BB

It really is not good enough..

I'm feeling a bit jaded tonight...had to work most of the evening on a pressing matter now now I cant sleep.

Had been trying to not do paperwork evenings but had to take a very complex phone call this evening and now I just cant sleep
Soy to hear that Cloudygal, sadly, feelings I know only too well. Officialdom has no idea what ever how much I do for M, although he doesn't live with me any more.
Thanks BB

To make matters tricky got things going on with both sons at same time.

Fell asleep at 3.30 am in the end