[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
WORKLESS FAMILIES - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

WORKLESS FAMILIES

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
HOW DID I MISS THIS ONE!

Go to the bottom of the page click on 'Watch an interview with Carole Cohrane'

http://www.carers.org/news/broke-and-br ... hip-carers
I don't think we're off the hook yet, either as the disabled or as carers. I can see Boy George's next stunt being means testing DLA and/or IB, or amalgamating the two for the chronically disabled - at a lower figure.

Or means testing carer's allowance; why should I be penalised because I paid in to a pension fund all my working life!

We are both contemplating off loading our savings to the children in case he starts on that as well.
The thing is we are asking people who can afford whatever is needed to understand what it's like to be a carer in the true sense of the word.
If you have a severely disabled family member for instance who needs full on care then it is not possible to go to work without extremely high levels of support, much more than is available through SS, there often is no option but to supply all the care and therefore not workless or making any kind of choice, aspirations just doesn't come into it.
I was watching the Camerons arriving at conference with baby, they got out of the car with nothing except the baby! Any new mother knows baby and bag always, nappies, bottles, soothers etc the only explanation is that nanny is hidden away and has all the necessary and that is just the new mother scenario.
Won't even start on the £750 dress, full make up, totally free to sit and listen to hubby drone on and lecture the rest of us.
These people just don't get it because they never had to.
Vicky
If I had a £500 cap on my benefits after Housing Benefit I'd have £105 a week left. I'd like to see David Cameron manage to pay council tax and all his bills and feed his family on £105 per week. I'm sure families earning that wage the cap is based on could potentially get Housing benfit on top even though not full Housing bnefit. I am in Social Housing not private rented so if the rent is too high the government should legislate to bring down the rents in social housing. As for the fact I am in a 4 bedroom property with 3 children: My twins' special needs make sharing a room impossible (especially with each other as they are then still playing no matter how hard you try to stop them at 4am and my oldest needs his seperate bedroom so he can do homework and so the twins don't wreck his stuff and so he doesn't wake the one he is sharing with up when he goes to bed. If we moved into a 3 bedroom place all my things would have to go in my oldest's bedroom and my bed would have to go in the lounge, which would have to double as my room.)
More news on CB today, apparently ending at age 16, this is probably to appease the posh benefit claimants so outraged on their 42k a year!
Can someone remind what the wealthy people are losing on this in it together, big society, money saving exercise.
These stuck up Eton boys are making Thatcher look like Keir Hardie!
Vicky
More news on CB today, apparently ending at age 16, this is probably to appease the posh benefit claimants so outraged on their 42k a year!
Can someone remind what the wealthy people are losing on this in it together, big society, money saving exercise.
These stuck up Eton boys are making Thatcher look like Keir Hardie!
Vicky
When is someone going to realise the carers benefits situation? I guess that's got lost in the fact they can't see the difference between a carer and the lazy scroungers who've got themselves in the paper because they don't want to work even though they could, We're just benefit claimants without a paid job in their eyes.
Workless!??!?!?!
I havent been out in years literally!
since I became a carer I have watched my friends drift away because I don't have time to go out, watched my bank balance spiral down the toilet and watched doors close on me employment wise.
I care 24/7 every day of the year, I am NOT workless how dare they put carers the hardest working least appreciated members of society under that title, I am insulted and sickened.
With the cuts I am now fully expecting to lose our home, we bairly get by now my overdraft is crippling and the only time I go out is to get the weekly shop.
At 27 I feel I have given up everything and for what, the future shows no chance of employment, just poverty and unappreciative is it any wonder some poor carers commit suicide and take the lives of their charges, their blood is on the governments hands and so long as those greedy conservatives line their pockets they wont give a damned about whose lives they destroy.
Workless!??!?!?!
since I became a carer I have watched my friends drift away because I don't have time to go out, watched my bank balance spiral down the toilet and watched doors close on me employment wise.
I care 24/7 every day of the year, I am NOT workless how dare they put carers the hardest working least appreciated members of society under that title, I am insulted and sickened.
With the cuts I am now fully expecting to lose our home, we bairly get by now my overdraft is crippling and the only time I go out is to get the weekly shop.
At 27 I feel I have given up everything and for what, the future shows no chance of employment, just poverty and unappreciative is it any wonder some poor carers commit suicide and take the lives of their charges, their blood is on the governments hands and so long as those greedy conservatives line their pockets they wont give a damned about whose lives they destroy.
I understand the feeling. Unfortunately those in the Westminster bubble do not. Voters like the benefits being cut (especially after campaigns by the Sun and a few other such papers to make benefit claimants look bad) and he wants to make cuts and look good to the voters. We can't do anything significant to fight back either: we can't strike, we can't do any sort of civil disobedience or we risk our dependents being left without a carer when we go to prison, etc. All we can do is write and email. Many of us can't even mange to join a march through London to make our voice heard if someone arranged it because of the difficulties of bringing our dependents with us or them having to be truant from school potentially because we won't be able to fit it in school hours along with the travelling.
Workless!??!?!?!
I understand the feeling. Unfortunately those in the Westminster bubble do not. Voters like the benefits being cut (especially after campaigns by the Sun and a few other such papers to make benefit claimants look bad) and he wants to make cuts and look good to the voters. We can't do anything significant to fight back either]

totally agree. id like to see them break thier backs, give up thier life, struggle day to day, feel isolated and alone because your family and friends stop calling round, have the government call you lazy scroungers and take away your money and your homes..

i just wish wish wish instead of the news programmes and documentries showing all these idiots cliaming they have bad backs and then running marathons and the like. WHY is no programme out there coming to OUR houses and watching us wipe up poo and wee and lift people off the floor into a chair or into a bed, or hand feeding or bathing or dressing or putting tubes down thier throat to suction, why!! is there no one who wants to show the true picture of what life on benefits is like for the genuine people

Even if I did decide to get a job when would I work? I have to be here all day when they are awake and oddly enough Westminster I am human not a machine I need SLEEP. I know this is a alien and confusing concept for the politicians to handle but we are people.
I cant go on a march I have two to look after if it was one I might be able to wheel her down their but two? The goverment attacks carers because they know we can't go on strike, that we cant march because we have our charges to take care of, no employer on earth is going to hire someone who can handle three hours a day, with a employee who is exhausted all the time and has to rush off when their mobile goes.
There will be millions of unemployed yet the conservatives simply say get on a bus and go to a job.... yes when there are unemployed everywhere a employer is really going to hire someone who is from out of the area and may have difficulty getting to work I swear I do despair for this country.
In the name of fairness

Disabled people want to work, individuals on sickness benefit want to work, and last but not least Carers want to work and care.

Except there’s a problem
Cuts will hit women twice as hard as men, Commons research shows
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010 ... ing-review

Carers are not a special case why should the rest of the society have to support them?