[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
WORKLESS FAMILIES - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

WORKLESS FAMILIES

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
2009-2010 Interesting reading about carers’
http://research.dwp.gov.uk/asd/asd5/rpo ... rep597.pdf
They talk about Carers aspirations. My only aspiration is to get through each day without falling off my perch.
Do they think that caring is a leisure activity?Something we love doing so much that we will go out and do 40 hours elsewhere and then come home and carry on, while the Care worker who has looked after our caree(and been paid for doing so), can go home, do some housework and have some time for a hobby, a walk, uninterrupted TV or a few glasses of wine.
The thing is we are asking people who can afford whatever is needed to understand what it's like to be a carer in the true sense of the word.
If you have a severely disabled family member for instance who needs full on care then it is not possible to go to work without extremely high levels of support, much more than is available through SS, there often is no option but to supply all the care and therefore not workless or making any kind of choice, aspirations just doesn't come into it.
I was watching the Camerons arriving at conference with baby, they got out of the car with nothing except the baby! Any new mother knows baby and bag always, nappies, bottles, soothers etc the only explanation is that nanny is hidden away and has all the necessary and that is just the new mother scenario.
Won't even start on the £750 dress, full make up, totally free to sit and listen to hubby drone on and lecture the rest of us.
These people just don't get it because they never had to.
Vicky
Yes,I was thinking of that too Vicky. She came up by train,and got off, totally unruffled, with just the baby in her arms!
Yes,I was thinking of that too Vicky. She came up by train,and got off, totally unruffled, with just the baby in her arms!
It reminded me of CAMERON commenting on the pregnancy ahead of the election and saying what bad timing it was! So the PM doesn't understand contraception but his party lectures everyone else on family planning Image
Vicky
Why is it that Cameron always looks as if he is holding a golfball in his mouth every time he gets photographed? Mind you, Samantha always looks great on the photos - too good even. Maybe she is really a plastic blow-up doll dreamed up by Tory Central Office, or a wheel-on cheesecake cardboard cut-out designed to soften his dour image?
It's not a golfball it's a plum!
Why is it that Cameron always looks as if he is holding a golfball in his mouth every time he gets photographed? Mind you, Samantha always looks great on the photos - too good even. Maybe she is really a plastic blow-up doll dreamed up by Tory Central Office, or a wheel-on cheesecake cardboard cut-out designed to soften his dour image?
Well it doesn't work she just epitomises the well to do mum as opposed to the regular mum, at least Mrs Brown had the good grace to look slightly harrassed and Mrs Blair was a complete fright at times.
Vicky
I thought the comment made on TV last night by a political commentator was very appropriate.

He said these governments cuts were thought up by a bunch of millionaires seating round a table (ie) meaning the cabinet who have no idea of having to struggle on a low income.

When they say we must all pay for the mess we are in' Us and many like us didnt contribute to this mess.

The bank's when they were making all this money didnt say we must share it with the less well off No they didnt now they are in the Sh-t they want us to contribute for there failing's.

John
I always thought that Sarah Brown had really sad eyes, as though she would much rather be with her children than be in the public eye because of her husbands job.