[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
women and the Coalition and social care - Carers UK Forum

women and the Coalition and social care

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Women provide the bulk of social care – both informally as carers to family members, and as professionals – which means they are almost certainly carrying a disproportionate burden of the spending cuts imposed on council social care departments.

Local authorities in England are cutting an estimated £1bn from their budgets in 2011-12, and a significant chunk of this will come in the form of reduced services to carers and the people they care for, from help around the house to episodes of respite care

see in full here
This won't make a difference to me...I get none of those services, it will however be a blow to those who depend on these as a life line. I remember when all the mental health wards were closed to change things for community care...and look at the disaster that was...this is the same thing but for the ill and inferm.
I remember when all the mental health wards were closed to change things for community care...and look at the disaster that was.
No it wasn't. There was absolutely no justification for keeping 250,000 people in crumbling Victorian asylums for life, and community care was a real improvement for the vast majority of these folk.