[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Resource Center Closure - Carers UK Forum

Resource Center Closure

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Hi all im Di, Image my Son Paul is 32 yrs old and for almost half of his life he has attended the Travis Gardens Resource centre in Doncaster South Yorkshire,now the council in their wisdom have sent a letter saying its to close on the 31st July 2011, I am fighting this closure, i would like to ask if you could all please leave a comment on our online petition, there you will see more information, and our media coverage so far. We MUST STOP this and many more closures no doubt in the future of our vulnerable peoples lifeline's

Thank you for your time and good luck to everyone who has the day to day responsibility caring for their loved ones.

http://specialneeds.blinkweb.com
comment added. Good luck with this

x
Thank You Rosemary for your comment and your good wishes, we need many of both!

Kind Regards
Di x
Comment added.

Di, did I miss this on the local news and/or local press?

Karen
copied over
Over 60 Councillors in our region earning over £100,000 per year!!thats the cost of keeping this resource center open...Its never right..please click the link and comment, we must STOP this closure. thank you http://specialneeds.blinkweb.com
Over 60 Councillors in our region earning over £100,000 per year!!
I would like to see the hard evidence for that statement, please. I mean, anyone can write anything they like here, pretty much, but it doesn't make it true.
Evidence,
Travis Gardens was built about twelve years ago, and it has been a success from what I can gather.

Back in 2009, I was contacted by DMBC to represent unpaid carers in a new project to look at the support they needed in the community – this eventually turned in to a pilot area and was taken up by health and the government then went on to fund its implementation locally.

However, I soon bowed out when I discovered the aim of personalisation and what it would mean to the person with a disability and their carers.

This is why I bang on today about personalisation and what it will mean to unpaid cares - who I might add are slowly being made redundant .

Didee story can be found here.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/sheffield/h ... 407409.stm
If there was no warning prior to the decision being announced, the council has failed in its legal duty to carry out a consultation on the subject first, whatever the rights and wrongs of personalisation.
Charles,

Don't get me wrong I am not against the principles of personalisation choice, freedom and control – it is the lack of consultation about becoming an employer with all the responsibilities attached.

How can one or two pilots around the country determine if this social experiement is going to work well for us all.

What happened to concept "Nothing about me, without me?
•Front-line workers and carers are fundamental to the delivery of personalisation – we want to give them the freedom and responsibility to improve care services and support people in new ways

•We also want to see those who are already carers provided with the support they need. That is why we want to see more carers receiving direct payments for breaks from care over the next few years.
All very well but they are shifting more responsibility on to unpaid carers who can hardly cope now. I could continue but.... don’t want to disrupt this thread

see here
Over 60 Councillors in our region earning over £100,000 per year!!
I would like to see the hard evidence for that statement, please. I mean, anyone can write anything they like here, pretty much, but it doesn't make it true.
Hi please find evidence here http://www.freshbusinessthinking.com/ne ... l+salaries