[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Welfare Reform Act - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Welfare Reform Act

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
scally i'm currently £100 a month worse off,wife with az and struggling to get to work part time,next argument will be the exceptional circumstances rule with social services so i can get direct payments to look after her,being as you've sorted it all out have you got any tips for when they come out,call me old fashioned but i like eating,having gas and electric and paying the mortgage,i'm ok for now but once my kids off tax credits i might have to choose which ones i like most.
audrey,anything to oblige,but i was referring to the fact that once the kids are off tax credits i might have to choose whether to eat,pay mortgage or gas and electric because i'll be £200 a week worse off,£100 from feb because oldest disabled and than dropping year after as the other 2 reach the age limit,but i do agree it can be read as choosing which kids to feed,this is what happens when you type when frustrated and desperate,but at least i cheered you up!!!
The whole system is very complicated, but the only way to thrive is to study it deeply and to look at every claim for benefits like presenting a serious business proposal. I am not above deliberately changing my domestic circumstances to improve my families income prospects from all sources - for example by moving home right across the UK for work, which I have done five times in the past thirty years.
As for claiming benefits, if you are going to gamble on a horse and want to win, it pays to study the form. If you are applying for a job, it helps to research the company. It's a lottery, but you will improve your chances if you understand the rules and the odds, and play by them. Would you be financially better off as a family if your adult child - a single parent - left your own home and moved into rented accommodation down the road, for example? Well, I know that answer, because I have been there too. And its usually yes, but with some provisos.