[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Welfare reform: £50 fine for errors on forms - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Welfare reform: £50 fine for errors on forms

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
I dunno about all this waxing and plucking palaver, thats for sissies: I just use a pair of kitchen scissors on my eyebrows when they get so damn shaggy I can't see out!
[quote]I dunno about all this waxing and plucking palaver, thats for sissies]

If ever you need a wet shave Rob just holler Image
Welfare reform should tackle the cheats at the top as well as the bottom

[quote]Greedy MPs and rapacious bankers are just as dishonest as welfare fraudsters and freeloaders, says Jenny McCartney

David Cameron, at the launch of the Welfare Reform Bill last week, made a rousing plea for the restoration of our ethics. In his speech, he bemoaned the end of “a collective culture of responsibilityâ€
I also deplore the loss of ethical standards in the UK.
Money is the root of all evil.
For more information and salvation, together with a limited edition certificate in genuine parchment signed in replica by the Pope, the Moderator of the Church of Scotland, Mother Superior Dominatrixia, and the Dalai Lama, please send me all your money and I can relieve you of the burden of guilt.

Image Image Image Image Image
Charles - well it WAS their mistake, but we still have to repay the overpayment. Overpayments have to be repaid by the claimant, whether it's their fault or not, it's classed as money that the claimant shouldn't have had, so has to be given back.
Totally unfair, but that's the rules.
No it isn't Fran: it's what they want to happen but the law is less clear. There have been legal cases over this that the DWP have lost, as recently as last year. It was their mistake and they cannot claim the money back if it will cause hardship. Because it's been going on so long now and you've been paying, they can argue that you entered into an agreement to pay it back (and if you've done so, then they would argue that you were willing to do so), so it's very unlikely you can stop it now. But it may be worth talking to the Helpline about this even so. Just in case.
As for Cameron, he's just as bad as Blair talking about respect.

Respect is earned. Or not.

Standards slip because those in power show that a lack of morals is ok. Fiddle your expenses, no harm done. Get caught, brazen it out and complain about the rules. Keep trying to push the expenses as far as you can...even when you could retire comfortably on your own income.

Maybe MPs should only get expenses if they submit to means testing? They seem to think it's a good idea for everyone else, and it means then that the super rich MPs won't be sponging off the state while less well-heeled MPs can still do their jobs...

Somehow I don't see Cameron going with that idea at all...