[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Very bad news for carers in Shropshire - Carers UK Forum

Very bad news for carers in Shropshire

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
According to a story in today's Shropshire Star (see link below), Shropshire Crossroads has run out of money and is due to close early next year.

www.shropshirestar.com/tag/crossroads-care-shropshire/

I am devastated at this news - the service that Crossroads provided for my Dad and me in the months leading up to his final hospital admssion in 2008 was priceless, providing very welcome company for Dad at a time when it was becoming increasingly difficut for him to leave the house and giving me a much needed break from full-time caring one afternoon a week.

Call me a cynic, but I reckon the powers-that-be will refuse to step in and help out financially, preferring to let professional caring organisations such as Crossroads go to the wall, to be replaced by voluntary organisations as part of the "Big Society". I sincerely hope to be proved wrong.
And goodness knows what's going to happen to the Shropshire healthcare stuff. When are Shrewsbury and Princess Royal going to sort their acts out.
A friend who lives locally, goes to Shrewsbury for her hubby's chemo on certain days a week and to Wellington on other days of the week ...................... TO SEE THE SAME CONSULTANT ..... depending on where he's working and on which days. She never knows from one week to the next (he goes a lot), where she's going to have to drive to. It's not an adventure for them, he has advanced prostate cancer and she has the agressive form of MS. She wants to know where she's going, preferably to the same place each time.

Never mind, Dee, they'll be coaching us all over to Wolverhampton soon! Tut.