[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I.O.W. COUNCIL LOSE COURT CASE - Carers UK Forum

I.O.W. COUNCIL LOSE COURT CASE

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Dont have the full facts as yet,, but the I.O.W. council wanted to make savings by providing care at home for just those with critical needs this would have saved some 2.5 million ..they have today lost their case and they must provide care at home for the disabled who may in fact not be in need of critical care support , that is feeding , toileting and personal hygiene with a freeze on council tax and with inflation at 5.2 the cost to that local authorities could be several billions..
This seems to be the one, George. It looks as though the Isle of Wight had gone down the same road as Birmingham and tried to narrow the criteria even further.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-15690065
the I.O.W. council have said that only 34? people would have been without home care ..to provide the home care to the 34? will cost an extra 2.5 million per year ....
34 seems to be a new magic number. As it is 34 houses which have lost their warden here in Thurso.
the I.O.W. council have said that only 34? people would have been without home care ..to provide the home care to the 34? will cost an extra 2.5 million per year ....
Presumably they are including the cost of any additional people who will now be entitled to care which they were previously denied prior to the judgement.
34 was the number who had already lost their services. More were due to come - hence the £2.5million - it won't cost extra, it's "just" anticipated savings they won't actually make.
I have lost my service by 80%, and the weasels of social services are not saying why, my daughter has now turned into a recluse because she's not being taken out. I am trying to find a solicitor to help with a judical review, with a bit of luck, but this is going to take time.