[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers - finances - Carers UK Forum

Carers - finances

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Guto Bebb (Aberconwy, Conservative)
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what assessment he has made of the likely effects on his Department's provision of support for carers of his Department's settlement in the 2010 Spending Review; and if he will make a statement.

Maria Miller (Parliamentary Under Secretary of State (Disabled People), Work and Pensions; Basingstoke, Conservative)
The spending review sets out measures to secure a sustainable foundation for the future of the welfare system, delivering fairness, better work incentives and value for the taxpayer. There are no specific measures in relation to carers.

The Government recognise that the United Kingdom's six million carers play an indispensable role in looking after family members or friends who need support.

We have set out our commitment to simplify the benefit system in order to improve work incentives and encourage responsibility and fairness. We are giving careful consideration to the needs of carers as we develop our detailed proposals for fundamental welfare reform, including any changes that may be necessary to take account of the introduction of universal credit.
Maria Miller (Parliamentary Under Secretary of State (Disabled People), Work and Pensions; Basingstoke, Conservative)
The spending review sets out measures to secure a sustainable foundation for the future of the welfare system, delivering fairness, better work incentives and value for the taxpayer. There are no specific measures in relation to carers.

The Government recognise that the United Kingdom's six million carers play an indispensable role in looking after family members or friends who need support.

We have set out our commitment to simplify the benefit system in order to improve work incentives and encourage responsibility and fairness. We are giving careful consideration to the needs of carers as we develop our detailed proposals for fundamental welfare reform, including any changes that may be necessary to take account of the introduction of universal credit.
We work, many of us far in excess of the hours which those who are in paid employment work, we fulfill our responsibilites, so what happened to fairness?
as i have often said we are the mushroom squad ... kept in the dark and fed on 5hit ..

why dont they ask IAIN DUNCAN SMITH if he still supports the view reached by his own "center for social justice " which said the carers allowance (£50) should be doubled ... as we all know it`s easy to spend money when in opposition ......

i get so ****** angry when they talk of the universal credit`s ...
1.will all carers who receive the carers allowance now , if moved onto the universal credit will they all be entitled to claim the new universal credit ...
2. will they recveive the same amount of universal credit that other "out of work " claimants will be receiving .
3. will we as carers still have to work for our benefit ? while others on the same universal credit may just be able to sit at home and wait for a job to drop into their lap`s...
4. will carers who move onto the unversal credit receive free prescriptions , eye / dental care
5.will carers who may be entitled to the universal credot be exempt from seeking work ... we can not look for work and care at the same time .
6whats it like being an idiot ..
Guto Bebb (Aberconwy, Conservative).
There really is a Tory MP who delights in the name Guto Bebb? And he (or she) got elected as a Tory in the heart of Plaid Cymru]http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_cool.gif[/img] Image Image
Guto Bebb.
Pronounced Gito.
U is pronounced i, just one of the Welsh language strange pronunciations.
I tried it at collage (welsh I mean) but found it too difficult in class- better off out and about and listening. Image

(and no I haven't lost my marbles...yet)
Maria Miller is a supporter of Work Choice a new work programme for the sick and disabled. This could affect carers if the cared for have their DLA removed as part of the process. Is she just paying lip service by coming to the Carers Summit or just going through the motions because its good PR.
The summit gave her short shrift last year. Likely, on the whole, to be shorter this year.