Trolleys for Wheelchair users.

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Image Good Afternoon all, I have recently been in contact with a well known Supermarket(not sure if I can mention the name) concerning the lack of trolleys for wheelchairs, and wondered if any others had experienced the same problem?
I did contact the head office via email, got the standard reply"we leave that to the local store" the store itself is new,they have 14 parking bays all correctly marked.
I rang the store and spoke to the Deputy Manager, very polite, he was not aware there was a problem Image
The total number of trolleys they have are 679. They only have as I type this, 1 trolley for the use of a person who is a wheelchair user. The deputy manager did mention seemed quite pleased that at one stage they did have two trolleys
One could say although Maths is not my strong point, the problem is self evident, 14 parking bays two trolleys Image Image
The deputy manager did promise to ring me back within a couple of days it is now nine(not suprised Image As yet I have not mentioned to them the DDA (Disability Discrimination Act.
I do intend contacting my MP, and possibly BBCTV Watchdog.(last resort)
Good luck with this.Keep us posted please.
Our medium size Morrisons in town has several of these trolleys.
Thank you for your reply, we have a small Morrisons in Town as well as the one I mentioned, they are a bit rough a little rusty in places,but as you say there are several trolleys. We went to an out of Town Tesco's at the weekend(64mls round trip!!) To our suprise there were two different sizes of trolley Image
Thank you Rosemary, I will give the store another week to reply perhaps the deputy manager is very busy Image
Thank you Rosemary, I will give the store another week to reply perhaps the deputy manager is very busy Image
If you use that store anyways, just ask at their customer service desk to speak to the Manager in charge that day.