[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tories rule out Comprehensive social care model - Carers UK Forum

Tories rule out Comprehensive social care model

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
The Conservatives have announced that a Tory government would not adopt the Comprehensive model to fund a new National Care Service, as MPs prepare to debate the care and support green paper in Parliament later today.

http://www.carers.org/news/tories-rule- ... 24,NW.html

Sam_B
I`ve been saying it for weeks we will in the end all have to vote tory even though i dont want to but we must protect benefits for the elderly disable and their carers i honestly can not see Labour doing anything to help us at all we are under more and mopre pressure every day .

just today my own M.P. DENIS MURPHY has said he will look into my claim that carers who also have a private pension may lose out if we are forced to move onto some kind of J.S.A. / E.S.A. as the private occupational pensions are taken into account he has said that it states that those on carers allowance will "not lose any money" if they move onto another benefit but he has agreed with me that it should clearly state all in receipt of carers allowance now will continue to receive carers benefit if they are moved onto another form of benefit .
Hi R .... can you post the following under this topic ?

http://www.carersuk.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=10141

If the funding of Social Care is left to individuals through insurance schemes of whatever nature , the level of care will be contingent on just how much that individual pumps in ...... leading to a two three tier system.

In addition , now that virtually all Local Authorities have tightened their eligibility criteria ( leaving many carees carers alike swinging in the wind ) , what type of care are a sizeable minority of future carees going to receive ?

At present , the whole concept of Social Care is contingent on the sacrifices made by carers. Why is there no mention of carers in the provisions ? Carers are at the heart of Social Care , and the whole system needs to reflect this , and not just apply to those incarcerated in what passes for " Care homes " in this Sad New World.

Even at this late stage , the organisations need to tell the government , in no uncertain terms , to go back to the drawing board before us mere mortals are faced with a future that even George Orwell ( 1984 ) would have dismissed as being too authoritarian.

Lastly , perhaps a straw poll on here .... who's in favour of Social Care being funded out of general taxation ( just like the NHS ) as opposed to an insurance type scheme which , in itself , is a form of means testing ( can an individual afford whatever premiums ) ?

Kindest

Paul
I don't know which politician to trust. Image
I don't know which politician to trust. Image
Snap.
I guess I'm not alone then! LOL